What's new

ATI Radeon 9700???

sk8bloke22

roll for life
apparently the latest doom III demo was run on gf4 ti4600, and form the latest shots it looks pretty damn (and from reading report it ran very incredibly), so i guess the radeon 9700 would just be the best solution, but a gf4 should still manage the game at full settings, just not as fast. so i tihnk ill get a gf4, and im guessing im gonna hav to search for a cheap ti4200 128ram (preferrably the ledtek one as it has a HUUUUUGE heatsink allowing some sick overclocking)

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
demon said:
I think you can a Radeon 9000 very cheaply. A lot cheaper that a GF4 TI. But I don't know how powerful it is.
i think that it should be on par with the gf4 mx series, probably better.

gokuss4

Meh...
AlphaWolf said:
Actualy from the way I understand it, its on par with the gf4 4600.

One thing I don't get though...In carmacks press release he did say the gfx would be every bit as good as the PC, but I can't see how thats possible given the limited memory and processor speed of a console for a game thats said to need a 128mb graphics card, and at least a ghz range CPU. Hell I guess since its a fixed platform, they could make system specific optimizations? *shrug*

I see why they picked xbox though, probably not a whole lot of porting to do, as well as it being the most advanced console there is right now.

mostly consoles have a more optimized chip in them, like a floating point chip which helps out a lot to so the X-Box 733mhz runs like 2 or 3 times as fast as it than it would on a computer. that goes for the gamecube and ps2 also.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
2bzy4ne1 said:
demon said:
I think you can a Radeon 9000 very cheaply. A lot cheaper that a GF4 TI. But I don't know how powerful it is.
It`s on par with the GF4mx, but it fully supports DirectX 8.1 effects, which can`t be said about the GF4mx series.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
DuDe said:
2bzy4ne1 said:
demon said:
It`s probably on par with the GF4mx as far as polygon pushing goes, but it fully supports DirectX 8.1 effects, which can`t be said about the GF4mx series.

Josep

eyerun4phun
anyone see the port of unreal tournament for ps2?? haha, wow, if thats what x-box is looking forward to with doom3 then forget that! haha, like quake3 on dc;) hehe just doesn't look right;)