What's new

Apollo v0.10 Beta R1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
OK Here we go- Firstly - Great Emu!!!
On many of my (E) roms there is a resolution problem by which the screen is too squashed.I am currently using Jabo's 1.4 GFX
Secondly, and this could be intentional, Bano-Tooie fails to recognise a controller - I have tried Jabos DInput and NRages latest plugin.
Grant64

flow``

flow``
i just sent you a nice little pm but i'm not exactly sure how busy you are right now to make those changes so i'll just post it here again in case you forget :)

[01:36] <flow``> oh :)
[01:37] <flow``> just a minor correction.. if no plugins are in a directory or are chosen
[01:37] <flow``> "Additional plugins can be downloaded from:
[01:37] <flow``> emu64.com/plugin64.html or spinal.emulation64.com/pluginsplugins.htm
[01:37] <flow``> "
[01:37] <flow``> i abbrev.. but you might want to correct that ;-)
[01:37] <flow``> since both are bad links now
[01:38] <flow``> maybe just emulation64.com and smiff's site would be sufficient substitutes
[01:39] <flow``> <--picky :p
[01:40] <flow``> and on the about box.. "we would like to thank..", but list of author(s) is just you, you=singular, we=plural :) (unless "we" = you/phrodide(sp))
[01:40] <flow``> enough nit picking for now :D

Trotterwatch

Flow, If that is the full extent of the problems with this release, then Azimer has done well :)

Has any kind of Dynarec been implemented yet (fully) as far as I remember you were going to be working on it? (apologies if it's a stupid question).

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Banjo Tooie does work with controllers.

You need the project64.rdb file in the same directory as the EXE or something. Give that a try. It never worked for me, but that is what I've been told.

Grant64 said:
OK Here we go- Firstly - Great Emu!!!
On many of my (E) roms there is a resolution problem by which the screen is too squashed.I am currently using Jabo's 1.4 GFX
Secondly, and this could be intentional, Bano-Tooie fails to recognise a controller - I have tried Jabos DInput and NRages latest plugin.
Grant64

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I was playing along in Apollo and decided to see how far I could get with Gauntlet Legends. So I selected Jabo's D3D6 DLL and loaded a game. I went into the first level just fine. Roamed around a bit... but things got too heavy for me...

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
So then I got a nice lil menu telling me how great a job I did cuz I go the obelisk and ran like hell. :) Not easy playing at half speed.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
So then I opted to go to Level 2... I thought I got in alright until Windows said illegal instruction or something. So I am thinking... oh great... I have a problem :( So I debugged Apollo. I was expecting to see some messed up 3DNow! instruction but I found something interesting... SSE trying to run on AMD from Jabo's DLL. The purpose of this story is to let Jabo know I need him and to show a couple shots of G.L. One of my favs cuz I own the cart.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
PS the ProjectRDB did not work with Banjo-Tooies controller, anyone got it going, I would love to post something better but apart from Framebuffer and that Jet force glitch. I find nothing

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Perhaps there is an updated rdb or something. I had never gotten it to work. Rice, I would like to give the D3D8 Daedalus a try with G.L.

Grant, I do not know what the problem could be. Do you go on IRC at all? I would love to discuss this. Perhaps I can give you a sneak peek at R1.5 just incase I overlooked something.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I am not getting great speed out of many games, to name 2 DK64 and CBFD. At first I just thought my settings were too high or the dodgy sound was interfering with speed but I used the No Sound plugin and lowered windowed resolution to a minimum and still only got the same speed??? Looks Great though

To Azi - Yes i am on IRC a little, probably able to leave my PC idle most of today whilst on IRC so I will wait for you to message me if you like

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
The 16k eeprom works with tooie, nothing to do with PJ64 RDB. Anyway going back to speed a few games, including tooie go at MEGA speeds

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Problems

Also Apollo keeps RAMDONLY freezing all the time. At no particular isolated incident??? (Sorry, I know that is not helpful) When this happens and you restart Apollo, it creates a error log and you need to delete the registry, and in Mario and Zelda I will be running forward and then Link will just keep going like the controller is jammed. Is this a known issue, again I cannot see a pattern of why this keeps happening???

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Jet Force Gemini

Azi - The Jet Force Gemini is a problem with Geometary Transformers. I believe the PJ RDB sets them to Internal wheras Apollo seems to set them to external.

Status
Not open for further replies.