What's new

New TR64 ogl ver 0.6 beta release

icepir8

Hi all,

Here is ver 0.6 of my plugin.

I've speeded up the texture loads and added partial support for frame buffer emulation. The config is a little buggy but usable. The save rom saves the Frame Buffer emulation setting with the rom ucode so you can enable it for specific roms that need it.

Enjoy,

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Hey Ice:

I got to try out a few games with your plugin. Thanx for the Ini too. But I still get a video plugin exception with both Zeldas. How do we properly enable frame buffer emulation? Are we suppose to check the box before we load the rom or after? I got to try Extreme G 2, it looks good, just a little on the slow side though. Otherwise, I'll continue playing with it. Thanx for the 6.0. I thought you were planning on rewriting after .5? Well, anyways good job so far. ;)

zorbid

Gamer123, you have to close the emu and reload it every time you change the rom or reset the emu. If you don't, you get an exception.

In both Zelda, If the frame buffer is enabled, there is a plugin exception when you try to access pause menu.
IcePirate, I suppose you know that since Zelda is one of your main aims for this plugin, but just in case : Your plugin is the fastest to display the pause subscreen. About 1-2 sec. But the picture in the background is the last 2d background that didn't appear (link's house, shops, outside the Time temple, ...).

Frame buffer fx works well in Ridge Racer too. :)

Last edited:
OP
icepir8

icepir8

After a game has started is when you set the frame buffer setting. The setting can be changed at anytime during game play.