What's new

Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Boooooommm said:
A word to Sonic: Next time you buy a PC, Build it yourself! Buy the separate parts and put it up yourself. Since you and your father know about computers, this shouldn't be hard. And it will be cheaper too. So, next time, build it yourself. It will be more enjoyable ;)
I agree, it is enjoyable and it is cheaper.
Just how do you think i put my computer together? :p
It was the best at the time i made it.

SSonicHedgehog

well we have made one or two before but they were older computers
we have a hard time finding all the stuff we need to make a "NEW" computer

i would love to make an up-to-date computer
there is alot of stuff i want in it

most store bought computers have nothing close to what i would like for it to come with

Last edited:

prafull

@SSonicHedgehog,

Some of your problems can be solved.

1. Make sure you have change blending mode if invalid for video card option disabled.(that will take care of most black stuff).
2.If you havent already enabled all advanced options (use emulate clear and tick mark all 3 force options) ,try it.

Btw @all plugin coders

these are not the problem with hardware. You can solve the problem with little bit of work(Nickk solved the same problem in his d3d plugin for psx emulators with some of my support).
Anyway this problem is relevant in jabo's plugin only.

SSonicHedgehog

prafull said:
@SSonicHedgehog,

Some of your problems can be solved.

1. Make sure you have change blending mode if invalid for video card option disabled.(that will take care of most black stuff).
2.If you havent already enabled all advanced options (use emulate clear and tick mark all 3 force options) ,try it.

Btw @all plugin coders

these are not the problem with hardware. You can solve the problem with little bit of work(Nickk solved the same problem in his d3d plugin for psx emulators with some of my support).
Anyway this problem is relevant in jabo's plugin only.

yes but the force blending disables fog, don't fix textures (just makes background of it clear), and can make thing see through.

Jabo's v1.4

Evrain

The Forbidden One
First, the plugin is a "DLL" file, second, you must put it in the "Plugin" directory of Pj64/1964.
When you've done this, open the emulator, open the plugin selection window and choose the Daedalus D3D8 from the menu.
Easy, uh?
Evrain

Merick

Hey Sonic, try searching on eBay or Yahoo! auctions. You can get the parts to build a decent computer for around $500 or less with the right auctions.

Merick

Shadowgate 64

Ok, I just tried playing Shadowgate 64 in PJ64 with the unofficial plugin and here are the results:

When starting a new game there is a 2D animation sequence, with other plugins the framerate would drop to almost nothing when the animation is playing, but with Daedalus D3D8 it varies between 10 and 20 fps

During the game, the start and inventory menus move faster, but when selecting a book from the inventory the pages still turn very slowly.

When Rice posted the plugin he said this:

It is developed with Geforce2 video card only, for other video card, I believe there will be few or many combiner (Alpha blending) problem because different video card is implemented DirectX support differently.

Does this have anything to do with the textures not displaying correctly?

Merick

Put the .DLL in your emu's plugin folder, then select it in the emu's settings menu.

----

I just tried using Daedalus to play Paper Mario, and it crashed my system. This is the first time that any program has crashed my comp since I installed WinXP

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I think it's a little too hard for him to understand if he's not a programmer. Just settle with the knowledge of knowing how to use it. Most does ;)

Merick

??? If I had any idea of how it worked, or even of how to use a programming language other than BASIC, I'd be trying to create one myself...

LoL I program in C++ , Java, and VB and I still couldn't tell ya how the plugins work ;') but thats mostly because I don't know how the graphics are processed within the actual N64 and I only have very very very basic knowledge with the Direct X and OpenGL api's otherwise I would have released an OpenGL plugin thats enhanced for NVidia cards by now and would have joined in the efforts of bringing an OpenGL native UltraHLE into this world lol...
but that will come later

Power to NT 5.1 WOO YEaH