What's new

Glide64 > 0.2 screenshots

BladeX

OK I like the plugin but don't have a voodoo - Is there a sort of? eh NON_VOODOO version or wrapper and if yes where can I get it - Also Dave what is your website???

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

The Khan Artist said:
Well, for the next version, I'd say he plans on upping compatibility, upping speed, adding unemulated features, and boldly going where no N64 GFX plugin has gone before! Such as 2xSaIed textures, hint, hint.

2xSAI, lol. Technically it's possible, but the images could only be stretched 2x, and they'd all have to be 16-bit format (i'd have to modify the 2xSAI source to handle the alpha bit too).

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Dave2001 said:

2xSAI, lol. Technically it's possible, but the images could only be stretched 2x, and they'd all have to be 16-bit format (i'd have to modify the 2xSAI source to handle the alpha bit too).

Yeah, I thought of that stuff a while after I posted, except for the alpha thing. :/

I think there was someone somewhere who fixed up 2xSaI to work with 24- and 32-bit images, I wish I could find that link...

thomas_callahan

Dave, can I just mention that YOU ROCK!? I can't believe how well your plugin works -- things are very, very slow at work and I couldn't get decent results from any other plugins on the Voodoo3-equipped PC I have there so I couldn't continue my Zelda game from home. Now I can, and it runs even smoother with better visual quality than it does on my home PC even though both the video card and PC are much slower. THANKS!

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Just added texture-modification code to handle combiners that are technically impossible to do otherwise.

Now you can see what option is selected in dkr :)

and also...

the Lens of Truth in Zelda OOT works correctly; things disappear INSIDE the circle

BladeX

Just wondering is this release almost ready or is it early in development, also is it quick on a low end system??? with 1964 (the next version?)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
BladeX said:
Just wondering is this release almost ready or is it early in development, also is it quick on a low end system??? with 1964 (the next version?)
The current beta (or development version) is in early stages.
Version 0.2 will, however, be released soon.
And yes, it is very fast for low-end systems. Specially for voodoo.
I'm not so sure if you use the wrapper.

BladeX

Well actually my old PC which sits in my bedroom is a voodoo3 and Jabos plugin looks rubbish so I would love to see this new plugin!!! Where do I download the current version???

LD.

*poke*
Hey, there have been at least two major breakthroughs for v0.2 (the IRP and large textures) :D

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Alright, Glide64 v0.2 has been released :)
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/

From now on we're going to try to do WIP releases every week or two and only do compatability lists for the big releases. I'd expect the next release to be soon.