What's new

Jabo's DirectSound Issues

666Freddy

Hi everyone,

I have tried to get Jabo's DirectSound Plugin to work. (ver 1.3 and 1.4). No crackling or sth in that way, no noting, just like i had selected a "no audio plugin".
Both plugin versions stay mute under Project64 and 1964. (tested with different games) All the other audio plugins work (but kind of slow). strange i really can't imagine what's wrong?!

I updated the soundcard drivers but still mute.

Here's my configuration:
Celeron @ 540MHZ; 320 MB RAM; GeForce2 Ti 64MB; Soundblaster Live! Value; IBM 40 GB HDD; WinXP PRO; DirectX8

May be some of you know this problem and could give me a helpfull hint...

Thanx for the time it took you to read this

Bye

Last edited:

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
go to the configure rsp plugin in the options menu and see if the first one is checked. if it is then uncheck it because jabo's audio plugin can't do hle audio.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
666Freddy said:
Hi everyone,

I have tried to get Jabo's DirectSound Plugin to work. (ver 1.3 and 1.4). No crackling or sth in that way, no noting, just like i had selected a "no audio plugin".
Both plugin versions stay mute under Project64 and 1964. (tested with different games) All the other audio plugins work (but kind of slow). strange i really can't imagine what's wrong?!

I updated the soundcard drivers but still mute.

Here's my configuration:
Celeron @ 540MHZ; 320 MB RAM; GeForce2 Ti 64MB; Soundblaster Live! Value; IBM 40 GB HDD; WinXP PRO; DirectX8

May be some of you know this problem and could give me a helpfull hint...

Thanx for the time it took you to read this

Bye

I recommend you use 1964 for your specs, It runs much faster in your situation... Also... if you are planning to use 1964, you might want to go to Plugins -> Setup plugins... Make sure to check zilmars RSP because zilmars & Jabos Plugin uses Low level emulation (LLE). Azimers Uses High Level emulation (HLE). Hopes this helps

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Re: Jabo's DirectSound Issues

CpU MasteR said:

I recommend you use 1964 for your specs, It runs much faster in your situation... Also... if you are planning to use 1964, you might want to go to Plugins -> Setup plugins... Make sure to check zilmars RSP because zilmars & Jabos Plugin uses Low level emulation (LLE). Azimers Uses High Level emulation (HLE). Hopes this helps
Cpu...
that's 1964 0.8.3, and it isn't available.

You should use Azimer's audio atm, since 0.8.3 isn't available.

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Re: Re: Re: Jabo's DirectSound Issues

Doomulation said:

Cpu...
that's 1964 0.8.3, and it isn't available.

You should use Azimer's audio atm, since 0.8.3 isn't available.

Well, I am Still using it... Runs Well for me... But insead use Azimers.... Thats what happends when i am gone for a week ???

OP

666Freddy

ok i've managed to get it to work (by changing the rsp plugin settings, as described by 2bzy4ne1 thx man) but the jabo plugin slows the emulation even more down, bad luck !!! I switched to azimer again.

I guess i need a faster processor but it's kind of strange everything on this planet seems to be related to money, very strange ;)