Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    jesus we've had an earthquake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Morpheous, Gnucleus , Kaza, Grokester... I wouldn't contaminate my computer with that sorry ass programming ****. Your just asking to have to reinstall windows.
    Those who hope in the lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles.

-Isaiah 40:31

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    No, not at all. I'm just saying that if you haven't convinced us already, you never will.
    Tag me @Martin and I'll get back to you ASAP

The Emulation64 Network offers you free hosting!
    Click here for requirements and contact info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Eagle
    Morpheous, Gnucleus , Kaza, Grokester... I wouldn't contaminate my computer with that sorry ass programming ****. Your just asking to have to reinstall windows.

er is that a joke? Kazaa is a centralised network run by a company that's now moved to some island to avoid the law, trying to make money and escape being sued.... Gnucleus is an open source project being developed in a not entirely dissimilar way to something like Project64... Grokester i don't know anything about.. and Morpheus is a company that's ripped off Gnucleus and is trying to make money out of it with dubious use of the GPL.. now explain to me how all those apps can be filed under the same category Eagle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ahhh. I think i may have guessed where the heat in Eagle's post was coming from.. do you or did you have Win98? I wouldn't run one of these apps under Win9x, maintaining so many network connections is a classic example for where 9x falls down... blaming that on the apps is not fair is it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm on XP now, and I have run them on XP installations before. Its not the application itself, its that...

1. Installing it makes it damn near impossible to get rid of.
    2. People can easily hack through them and gain access to your computer.
    3. After installing your computers crash rate increases 10 fold
    4. Most of the stuff you find on them is junk or corrupted files or just plain not what they say they are. I downloaded "Nickelback - Just For" once and ended up with "When In Rome - The Promise". Don't get me wrong, its a good song but not what I wanted.

I'll take IRC over any dedicated P2P program. Its the install program that does the most damage to your system I think. PJ64 doesn't have an install program, so it can't be compared.
    Those who hope in the lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles.

-Isaiah 40:31

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can anyone come up with more beautiful graphs than mine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eagle man i am determined to show you the light, cos i know you can be saved

http://www.smiff.clara.net/utilities...l/Gnucleus.zip

Just download this, it contains one file: Gnucleus.exe (which BTW i have virus scanned). Unzip to a folder and run it. It will make one registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gnucleus. That's it. It will not do anything else outside it's own folder. Try it, please.

It will use one port, by default 6346, which you can change to anything you want and you don't even have to open to download, only if you want to let people behind firewalls upload. this is not a security risk, if anyone tries to connect on it they will get a gnutella connect msg and time out.

(I'm not recommending other people install it this way, just trying to prove a point!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As long as I can find as much japanese music that I can find on WinMX it's good

hmm.. I thought Morpheus was a ripoff of Kazaa...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Morpheus is a ripoff of Gnucleus, Morpheus used to be part of the Kazaa network until they fell out with Kazaa, now Morpheus uses the Gnutella network and Gnucleus source code (make sense?). Morpheus are s$#@! and should rot in hell.

Tell me about your Japanese music Harteex.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast