What's new

Was 1.6 the best version of project 64?

Is version 1.6 the best version of project 64?

So im a big fan of project 64. I have been using this emulator for many, many years. I personally think it's the best nintendo 64 emulator out there, but i miss this particular version of project 64. It just needed a few bugs fixed, such as the bug where ocarina of time would crash once you got to the well in kakariko village as adult link and things like that. Also, the project 64 icon wasn't the best back in those days, so i was personally using this one instead. Anyway, i feel like some of the versions that were released afterwards, weren't as good and some of them were cluttered with too many settings. I also feel like some of them performs a bit worse, but i may just be nostalgic because i have been using this particular version of project 64 the most, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

laser

So im a big fan of project 64. I have been using this emulator for many, many years. I personally think it's the best nintendo 64 emulator out there, but i miss this particular version of project 64. It just needed a few bugs fixed, such as the bug where ocarina of time would crash once you got to the well in kakariko village as adult link and things like that. Also, the project 64 icon wasn't the best back in those days, so i was personally using this one instead. Anyway, i feel like some of the versions that were released afterwards, weren't as good and some of them were cluttered with too many settings. I also feel like some of them performs a bit worse, but i may just be nostalgic because i have been using this particular version of project 64 the most, what do you guys think?

well ,

Im not sure if p64 1.6 is the best version, it have lot of bugs, but is a very good release
and I still use it with the plugin "GLIDE 64 final" to play most of the N64 games

Project 64 1.6 + Glide 64 final is a great combo , personally I do not need anything new
it works fine in win10 but it works better in winxp

this combo is the best solution to play games which have HD texture packs in .dat format which none of the new plugins load them

to play all the games which project 64 1.6 fails I use mupen 64 plus (m64py) ie to play star wars rogue squadron, gautnlet 64 and some others