What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

f zero x + Expansion kit - Fraudio's Texture Pack

farkas

Hello friends,

I'm Fraudio and I made this texture pack

Its been created for the latest GlideN64 plugin in mind. A lot of workarounds are been implemented in the design of this texture pack to get best experience on it.

The Goal was to get this pack the closets to a Remaster feeling, respecting the original art direction of the game, just make it sharper, clean and vibrant.

Im uploading right now, maybe i can get free host here.

Some Screenshots:

iL0hLW8.jpg

o6PI0R0.png

lYIcEHG.png

Last edited:

Raresoft

Those screens looks very good! It is a new reason to replay the game. :D

But i have some problems with .htc texture packs and glideN64. Supposed to be for gliden64, right? I put the .htc files on the texture folder on the emulator folder and thats it? Doesn't load the textures for me. Not on PJ64, neither on Retroarch. :(

Last edited:
OP
F

farkas

you need to patch the rom

because is a 64ddhack, the rom name is corrupted, thats why no textures are loading for you.

Search it form 64dd . org, (F-Zero X Expansion Kit / エフゼロ エックス エクスパンション キット) "NUD-EFZE-JPN.n64" an apply my patch.

Raresoft

Thanks. I downloaded the rom, patched successfully, put the texture pack on the texture folder and loaded, but still cant get it to work. :blush:

The texture pack name is different from the rom name could this be cause of the malfunction? I tried a Banjo .HTC pack and it worked so the plugin is doing the job, apparently.

OP
F

farkas

I use this settings:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 532
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 431
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 444

Raresoft

So u put the .HTC file on hires texture folder and the magic happens... I use the same basic configuration for the textures on the plugin but nothing. thanks anyway

jam00782

Hi Farkas, I can't find a way to patch the ROM. I downloaded flips but when trying to patch I receive the following message "this patch is not intended for this ROM" am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

D'Sparil

I can't seem to find this rom hack anywhere, any ideas?

Also, I downloaded a rom which kinda looks like the expansion kit romhack, but I can't seem to patch it. How can I solve this?

Thanks

doodle

decryption.png

This is the error that the mega link for the texture pack download gives me when I click on it, anyone know a fix?

D'Sparil

The texture pack doesn't work properly on Mupen64Plus (Retroarch), some of the textures don't load at all.
Does anybody know if there are some specific settings to make the pack compatible with retroarch?

Randomguy

In case someone wants to know how to run this on Retroarch:

Download Farkas Texturepack and the Bps Patch file.
Put the Texturepack file to Retroarch\system\Mupen64plus\Cache\
if no Cache Folder exists just create one.

Then go to that 64dd website.. and get the Translation (CART!) for F-Zero X "NUD-EFZE-JPN_XPE_2". Extract the file and go to this website to patch your rom file with the .bps patch file.
After your file was patched and downloaded start Retroarch and load up the now patched Rom. When it is loaded open the Quick Menu > Core options > Glide64 and enable "Use High-Res textures" and "Use High-Res Full Alpha Channel", you can also set up the resolution there (keep in mind to select the right Aspect Ratio as well). After you're done with your settings close content (reset will not be enough) and reload the game. When now loading the game again your texture pack should work.

Imgema

Retro Hoarder
In case someone wants to know how to run this on Retroarch:

Download Farkas Texturepack and the Bps Patch file.
Put the Texturepack file to Retroarch\system\Mupen64plus\Cache\
if no Cache Folder exists just create one.

Then go to that 64dd website.. and get the Translation (CART!) for F-Zero X "NUD-EFZE-JPN_XPE_2". Extract the file and go to this website to patch your rom file with the .bps patch file.
After your file was patched and downloaded start Retroarch and load up the now patched Rom. When it is loaded open the Quick Menu > Core options > Glide64 and enable "Use High-Res textures" and "Use High-Res Full Alpha Channel", you can also set up the resolution there (keep in mind to select the right Aspect Ratio as well). After you're done with your settings close content (reset will not be enough) and reload the game. When now loading the game again your texture pack should work.

There is no "NUD-EFZE-JPN_XPE_2" or "NUD-EFZE-JPN" anywhere in that site. There are other codes (like NUD-EFZJ-JPN) but not this one.

Anyway, i patched the translated rom and the texture mod only works partially. Some textures load, some don't. I tried RetroArch, PJ64 and Rosalies Mupen64, the result is the same in all.

Last edited: