What's new

Possibly Strange Question About Saves that I need help with

littlelum

Um, hi. I have two ROMs, they are the same game, but one has a small camera mod. They share the same save. I want to use them at the same time, but they can't use the same save data at the same time. What I was wondering about, would it be possible to copy the save that they both use, and set one ROM to the original save, while the other one uses the copy? If so, how? I checked all the files in Project 64, but I couldn't find any saves. (The folders "sav" and "save2" are empty, and I created a folder called "Save") I'm using Project 64, version 1.6. Thanks in advance.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
To my understanding, no. Project64 creates and names saves based on a given ROM's internal name, and creates them in whatever folder is assigned as the Save folder in Project64's settings.

OP
L

littlelum

Ok, thanks for replying. There's still one thing that I want to ask though. I've played a few ROMs on PJ64, but all three folders (sav, save2, Save) are completely empty. I also checked "docs" "lang" and "plugins", but still no luck. Any advice on where they are?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Does saving in-game actually create a save file at all? "Save" should be the default folder for saves (battery saves and savestates). If a save is not created when you save in-game, then either Project64's paths are wrong, or the emulator doesn't have write permissions for that folder.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Are we talking about mempak saves, native saves or quick saves (F5)?
If native saves I would check your ROM folder