What's new

Screen Flashing with mupen64plus and rice plugin

wellinton

Hello, I was playing the game F1 World Grand Prix II, but there is a constant "flashing" were parts of the screen momentarily becomes white, giving this "flashing" appearance. I searched the internet and found several links saying to change the "ScreenUpdateSetting" that I found in the "RiceVideo.cfg" file. I tried several settings (0,1,2,7) and the problem persisted. So what can I do to try to solve the issue? Mupen version is 1.5, as is Rice plugin.

Thanks for the answers.

OP
W

wellinton

GlideN64 is superior in everyway just use that.

Thanks, the problem is gone. One doubt. Is there a way to run it in 320x240 but to scale the image to occupy the entire screen? Because when I send it to run a 320x240 it only occupies a small portion of the screen (but bigger than 320x240 in fullscreen, in window mode it's really 320x240).

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
if you were to do this it would be pixellated as hell. How big is your screen?
Open the plugin and select the desired resolution for both full screen and windowed. Also select Stretch Screen if you really wish to go that root.

Community standard is to run at atleast 640x480 personly I perfer good ol' 1024x768

OP
W

wellinton

if you were to do this it would be pixellated as hell. How big is your screen?
Open the plugin and select the desired resolution for both full screen and windowed. Also select Stretch Screen if you really wish to go that root.

Community standard is to run at atleast 640x480 personly I perfer good ol' 1024x768

Thanks. Unfortunately, I cannot find this Strecht Screen option, is not on the Glide64 configuration. Where is it? Anyway, I want to try the most authentic experience possible, that's way I wanted the 320x240. I am using 1024x768 currently as I want all the screen to be fulfilled. It's a bit too slow for my old, underclocked cpu together with a crap driver for an old and crap integrated gpu To answer your question, it's a 14 screen monitor.