Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Lost windows admin password

    switched to Mac a while go and never used the windows laptop. Unfortunately, it seems I forgot the admin password for login. I need to pull off data from the device. what is supposed to do to get into the computer? anyone knows how to deal with this?

  2. #2
    Moderator Robbbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Use google. There's pages of answers.

  3. #3
    Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,240
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    if you are on xp ( I doubt you are) login as a normal user and add a new admin account.
    once added login to the new account and remove the password for the first accound. Do not remove the account it's self.

    Safe mode may be able to trick it also. Have fun.
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

      Spoiler:

  4. #4
    Moderator Robbbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure you can only do that kind of thing if you're already an admin on the machine. If you are, the same trick works on all windows versions of the NT lineage (NT, W2K, XP and later).

    But if you're not an admin, you don't have the right to add a user. In that case, you need to google for a product that lets you boot off a floppy or a CD into some kind of unix. From there you can reset the admin password to blank (they let you choose a password, but blank is the only one that actually works). When I say blank, I mean no password at all. Once that's done, remove the media, reboot, and you can log in as admin and no password.

    For the sake of security, change the password and don't forget it !! Some things can't be accessed without having a proper password, so you'll probably have to do it anyway.

  5. #5
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnjecx View Post
    switched to Mac a while go and never used the windows laptop. Unfortunately, it seems I forgot the admin password for login. I need to pull off data from the device. what is supposed to do to get into the computer? anyone knows how to deal with this?
    What OS is it ?

  6. #6
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NES_player4LIFE View Post
    if you are on xp ( I doubt you are) login as a normal user and add a new admin account.
    once added login to the new account and remove the password for the first accound. Do not remove the account it's self.

    Safe mode may be able to trick it also. Have fun.
    it is Windows 7

    P.S I tried two options suggested by Google: Ophcrack and Offline Password Editor without any luck

  7. #7
    Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,240
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    don't know what to tell you then other then take it to geek squad.

    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

      Spoiler:

  8. #8
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnjecx View Post
    it is Windows 7

    P.S I tried two options suggested by Google: Ophcrack and Offline Password Editor without any luck
    Few people have failed to use these tools ,try these :
    https://www.lifewire.com/cain-and-abel-review-2626136
    https://www.androidphonesoft.com/res...-password.html
    Last edited by pasmerZ; November 5th, 2018 at 02:02.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •