What's new

King of Route 66 analog controls too sensitive

anchounio

King of Route 66 is unplayable with analog controls. Just with a little touch on left or right side, the truck behaves like if the wheel was being turned to the maximum.
On test mode of the game the wheel is perfectly recognised by demul, but once ingame it doesn't behave correctly. It works like if there were no analog controls but digital, being left or right the maximum distance they could be turned analogically.

I've tested all Naomi, Naomi2, Atomish and Gaelco driving games running on demul and they all work perfect with my steering wheel except for this one.
I've tested this in the last version of demul, April 26 2018, and also in the Dec-22-2015 version. Same issue in both versions.

By the way, the error message while loading the game has no effect on the emulator. I reported it on a previous post some days ago. It has always been there.

OP
A

anchounio

After watching the video below I've figured out this game doesn't have a common 270º wheel. This one has longer distance, it looks to be a 900º degrees wheel, like if it were a real steering wheel.
I've created a profile in the logitech profiler software for this game, with 900º and 5% deadzone. The turns are still quite abrupt.... Still not the same as the arcade controls but the game is playable now

Last edited:
OP
A

anchounio

SOLVED

The steering wheel can be calibrated inside Game Test Mode=>Volume Settings

To sum up:

The emulation of this game is perfect on the last versions of DEMUL, but some steps must be followed to make it work:
Go to Game Test Mode=>Game assignments. Change Motor Power and CB-MIC to NO USE.
Disabling Motor Power will avoid an I/O error message. Disabling CB-MIC will make the game use the botton START to use nitros instead of a microphone the arcade had that isn't emulated.

If you are playing with analog controls (steering wheel or gamepad) this game requires calibration:
Go to Volume Settings and calibrate steering wheel and pedals here. Yes, it is weird, but the calibration is set here, under Volume Settings.