What's new

DEMUL, error message with steering wheel

anchounio

When having connected a steering wheel, DEMUL sends this error message right before loading a game, I mean, you first load a game and during loading the error message appears.
It doesn't affect anything, after pressing OK to the error message the game finish loading and works OK, as well as the steering wheel.
But the error message ALWAYS appears.

If I unplug the steering wheel, the error message doesn't appear.

The steering wheel I'm using is a Logitech G27, but the error appears with other steering wheels, Logitech wheels it seems.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, and the last demul version (Apr 26 2018) but It happens in all demul version I've tested (most 0.7 builds).

- - - Updated - - -

It seems to be a very old issue. Just check this link:

ht?p://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=107544.0 (just change the "?" with a "t")

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.9 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:

MydknyteStyrm

This is a bug in Demul looking for force feedback on your wheel. To solve it in a front end, you need an AHK code in your setup to close that PID window. The emulator works fine if you click ok. I turned off the Windows error sound.

OP
A

anchounio

This is a bug in Demul looking for force feedback on your wheel. To solve it in a front end, you need an AHK code in your setup to close that PID window. The emulator works fine if you click ok. I turned off the Windows error sound.

Yeah, I've been using an ahk script, looping to close the window padDemul while the game is loading and disabling/enabling sound.
But I would prefer this wasn't neccesary and the bug was solved someday.... It's a very old bug, first reported in 2010.