What's new

No longer going fullscreen?

sn0wblind

Been a long-time Demul user, and suddenly the program stopped going fullscreen without updating it. The strange thing is, I did try deleting my version of Demul (last official version, i think nov 17?), clearing cache/registry and reinstalled, and still nothing.

Games load fine, but they load in a tiny, probably 640 res window that can't be increased in size, despite changing resolution in options. Alt+enter only hides/unhides the menu bar.

Only thing I've noticed is that when it tries to startup fullscreen, it quickly flashes like it attempted to go but failed, and then settles on the small resolution box.

There shouldn't be any conflicting files, as nothing new was installed within the past month other than the most recent nvidia drivers: 398.11

any ideas?

Thanks

MetalliC

Demul developer
make sure emulator installed to folder where it have write access rights, if not sure - put it to desktop.

OP
S

sn0wblind

make sure emulator installed to folder where it have write access rights, if not sure - put it to desktop.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately it isn't a rights issue. Manually checked but also tried moving to desktop.

The odd thing is, i booted in minimal safe mode, and it still wouldn't go fullscreen. Alt+Enter / F3 just hide and unhide the menu bar, and no video settings would respond to higher resolutions.

any other ideas?