What's new

Demul Virtua Tennis 2 Error

ark216

Hello everyone,

I wanted to play Virtua Tennis 2 on Demul but unfortunately i am not able to get this message:

Unable to find epr-22327a.ic11 in romset 'vtennis2c'

I did not find any relevant help.

I downloaded all possible arcade dumps and files for this game for emuparadise. But sadly no luck!

I only managed to run this game "accidently" and since then it's giving me this error message.

I tried this on the latest Demul version and also on the old 0.58. It worked on none of them.

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: I finally managed to run the game but on dx11 plugin new. However if i run this on dx11old plugin i get the following error

Wrong Crc32 of 'mpr-22307.ic17s' in romset
Expected 0x57fbe9b6 instead of 0xdb5c0818

Can someone tell me what is wrong here?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The emulator expects a different file than what you have (i.e. the name is the same but the contents of the file are different). The likeliest answer is that MAME added a better romset (read: redump of some of the roms) of Virtua Tennis 2 and Demul followed suit. The romset you have is either an older version of it's corrupted.

Note that you *might* also need the CHD image file.

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
you have old/bad dump of this game cartridge, it was replaced by good one few years ago, you have to find it or use GD-ROM version.

The likeliest answer is that MAME added a better romset (read: redump of some of the roms) of Virtua Tennis 2 and Demul followed suit.
during last years I'm maintaining NAOMI/Atomiswave/etc stuff in MAME as well Demul, so they are match in term of romset.