What's new

PC update

Darkspirit79

I want to get a new PC that's compatible for Dolphin. I have narrowed my choices down to 2 types.

The first type is a Dell - XPS Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 1TB Hard Drive

Windows 10 operating system

Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen. Learn more ›

7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-7700 processor
Powerful quad-core, eight-way processing performance. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it, while increasing energy efficiency when you don't.

16GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming
Reams of high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and video-editing applications, as well as numerous programs and browser tabs all at once.

DVD/CD burner
Reads and writes to a variety of media formats, including DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW.

1TB hard drive for ample file storage space
Holds a significant collection of digital photos, music, HD videos and DVD-quality movies. Intel Optane Memory is designed to reduce performance bottlenecks and accelerate hard disk drives (HDD).

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics
Driven by 4GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory to quickly render high-quality images for videos and games.

Built-in media reader for simple photo transfer
Supports SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card formats.

1 SuperSpeed 10Gbs USB 3.1 port
Ultra-fast data connections to transfer large files rapidly.

7 USB 3.0 ports maximize the latest high-speed devices
Also includes 2 USB 2.0 ports to connect more accessories and peripherals. The USB 3.0 ports are backward-compatible with USB 2.0 devices (at 2.0 speeds).

Next-generation wireless connectivity
Connects to your network or hotspots on all current Wi-Fi standards. Connect to a Wireless-AC router for speed nearly 3x faster than Wireless-N. Gigabit LAN port also plugs into wired networks.

My second choice is Dell - Inspiron Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - 16GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive

Windows 10 operating system
Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you mark up Web pages on your screen. Learn more ›

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X processor
Native eight-core processing delivers aggressive yet power-smart performance for advanced gaming, complex modeling and HD video editing.

16GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming
Reams of high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and video-editing applications, as well as numerous programs and browser tabs all at once.

DVD/CD burner
Reads and writes to a wide variety of media formats, including DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, CD-R/RW and double-layer DVD.

1TB hard drive and 256GB solid state drive (SSD) for a blend of storage space and speed
The hard drive provides ample storage, while the SSD delivers faster start-up times and data access.

AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics