What's new

I've tried to pay with demul but I can't, can You help me?

LATER HERO

Hi, I'm a newbie using the emulator demul and I can't do it works at all… I just wanted play some Naomi games so I downloaded the emulator, I got some bios files and some roms too. The fact is that when I try to run a game, a message pops up to the screen. This is the message:

gpuDX11
Error! (HRESULT = 887 a004)
Create Device And Swap Chain Failed

So… if you happen to know what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do please post it here and the LATER HERO will be grateful with you.

MetalliC

Demul developer
usually this shown if GPU doesn't capable of DirectX 11. there is nothing can be done, DX11 renderer require DX11 hardware.

OP
L

LATER HERO

:(:(:( Hmm I have Windows 7 I was curious about which was my DirectX version so I opened the start menu. I typed dxdiag, press enter and my PC sent this info to me:

Windows 7 Professional 32 bits (6.1, compilation 7601)
BIOS: InsydeH2O
Intel Celeron CPU 847 ad 1.10GHz (2 CPUs), -1.1GHz
4096MB RAM
DirectX version: DirectX 11

Since Demul doesn't work for me I guess this is not enough, but hey I got DirectX11 so what's the troublel? I even don't know what means GPU so please be patient with me and explain a little bit about this :unsure:

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
you have a potato pc. you may try to run reicast or redream to play dreamcast games, but I doubt they will work any good on such hardware.

OP
L

LATER HERO

you have a potato pc. you may try to run reicast or redream to play dreamcast games, but I doubt they will work any good on such hardware.

haha! :D:D:D Now I Know my PC sucks in every way so I need to buy another better one. But firstly What are the best PC specifications in order to run Demul satisfactorily? No hard feelings I just want to know :)

MetalliC

Demul developer
I think its at least 2-core ~3ghz CPU and GPU like ATI HD68xx / Nvidia GTX 460 or better. i.e. 7-8 year old good desktop PC usually works fine.