What's new

1964.0.7 Compatability List

sk8bloke22

roll for life
1964.0.7.3 Compatability List

updated the list for 0.7.1 with jabos d3d 1.4 .

tested Azimar's 0.4beta sound plugin and is the best choice at the moment, just needs to be a bit faster and a bit more compatible...0.30 (old driver) is still real fast (like 20vi/s more on my pc).
also tested every game with the new 32-Bit Core:, gives a nice speed boost, making Azimar's 0.4beta much beta on my system. a few games are no longer compatible. they r listed as 'broken' in the almost playable section. added a few mroe games too.

some notes, automatic geometry doesnt work as it requires another line in the .ini file, so u may need to alter urself, i have put on the list when that needs changing, i.e to internal/external .

also if screen ratio seems a bit wrong, try usnig the dx6 plugin as apparently it fixes stuff like that.

other graphics issues should be solved or answered at www.smiff.clara.net , if u didnt know already. or the pj64 documentation supplied with pj641.4 for jabos plugin info.

Last edited:

abdulla

besides the occasional crackle in sound (most likely my system, turn of sound and 3 times faster anywho), conker runs so damn nice, and mario kart, its got the least amount of graphical corruption of all the n64emu's

Martin

Administrator
Yes, I will increase the limit. Kind of cool with the ability to upload attachments though, isn't it? :D

Great job on the list, btw! :)

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
A really good compatibility list by sk8bloke22 !!
I love the latest release of 1964 :inlove: LOL :p

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
cheers guys.

if u want me change things at all, tell me, as im too lazy to do college work at the moment. and yeh, file attatchments are an amazing option, its just in this case, where id like to be able to do long posts.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
abdulla said:
besides the occasional crackle in sound (most likely my system, turn of sound and 3 times faster anywho), conker runs so damn nice, and mario kart, its got the least amount of graphical corruption of all the n64emu's

u can get a kinda workable solution to reduce crackling. try reducing or increasing the 'depth buffer' (i think its called that) in the audio options for both azimar's (old driver) and Rev2.2. definitely has helped me. also, for the tony hawks series, it seems u need to use Rev2.2 and select 'Use 0.21 audio style' to get better but not quite as good as before sound.

i think i might go through all my games again with azimar's 0.30 Rev2.2 and see if theres different results, as when it does work, the sound quality is the best ive heard.

abdulla

playing with the buffer helps a bit, i think its more a hardware thing tho, eg. winamp play crackles when lotsa graphics bandwith is used, which is an acknoledged problem, the graphics card takes up too much bandwidth and steals some from the sound card.

btw how much does vBulletin cost?

NooTe

I begin a ini too actually I have :
A athlon 900hz oc 1.1Ghz 784Mo w98se dx8.1 radeon 7200 VIVO 64Mo
JaboD3D 1.3
Azimer 3.0 (Old)
NooTe_DI 0.4.7

Not Working = dont boot, loop or crash
Not Playable = very heavy gfx problem, only intro... what even don't seem to be core problem
Almost playable = heavy gfx problem, too slow, controller problem... it's run but have problem uston
Playable = minor gfx problem... full speed

209 gooddump
- Not Working 10
- Not Playable 24
- Almost Playable 38
- Playable 134
13 baddump
- Not Working 1
- Not Playable 0
- Almost Playable 3
- Playable 9
45 unknowndump
- Not Working 6
- Not Playable 8
- Almost Playable 10
- Playable 21
267 total
- Not Working 17 ~7%
- Not Playable 32 ~11%
- Almost Playable 51 ~19%
- Playable 167 ~63%

I have yet more than 120 roms to test and I release my INI :)

schibo

Emulator Developer
NooTe,

Cool. We released a new ini (0.7.2), you can see the fixes in the readme, but I know your ini will be much more complete than ours.

schibo

hotshitu

Banned
RR 64 (U) works sort-of-ish on dynarec if you disable TLB . Just make sure you don't crash into other cars too often or the screen will get nuts for a second with your car being teleported out of bounds and then magically put back onto the track.
Funny.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
n e one know how to make an ini file? obviously i change the extention from .txt to .ini, but how do i make it effective to alter settings?

once i know, ill do some updating. i think i might l8er get some more star wars games to add to the collection. :D

flow``

flow``
Noote:

Have you rescanned your roms lately w/ goodn64 0.999.6?
there shouldn't be that many missing dumps i dont think.
or if they are demos they should just be renamed to .v64 (since you can't byteswap them) so goodn64 will scan then

NooTe

Flow,

Yes I use goodn64 0.999.6...
I say gooddump when goodn64 add a [!]
I say baddump when goodn64 rename without a [!] (it can be hack or whatever)
I say unknowndump then goodn64 don't rename dump (it can be really a unknown dump or a very bad bad dump) !
I just finish to reorganise all my dump set (now reduice to 330 dump then I deleted all duplicate dump in unknown or bad status) ...

I near finish now :)

Duncan

N64 Addict
Heya, i noticed while updating my own unofficial ini, that in v0.7.0 alot more games now needed a lower protection CF=1, as opposed to the default CF=2 (counter factor). Great work guys, as if you compare PJ with 1964 (all performance specs) in 1964 looks to have great compatability, and both video and sound have better performance points at most times, even when tested with a PII 350/128 Ram/ATI 16 All In Wonder (compliments of my wife, lol) >:) Much thanks, as the functionality and features are just awesome, and on my machine runs Very Stable.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Duncan said:
even when tested with a PII 350/128 Ram/ATI 16 All In Wonder (compliments of my wife, lol) >:) Much thanks, as the functionality and features are just awesome, and on my machine runs Very Stable.

that's pretty low spec for an n64 emu, 1964 is basically as fast as like Uhle, this version is SO much better than the last version.

Hades

i can see at you are not an newbie can you help me read just

when iam runnig a game with 1964 it allways crash and i disapear to the desktop i have a 1000 mhz and a 256 ram and a geforce mx 400 64 what is wronf please help .sombody :cry:

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
wat game. there a few games that do this. state wat games uve tried, it could just be an incompatability issue.

Hades

i have try all games

i have try all games like castelvania james bond 007 aerogauge and tony hawks and may more what is wron i cant just runn it it allways crash when i load the game and i disapear to the desktop and i get a stop error message