What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Potential BK Revival?

Aethemix

Intro:
Hi all,
So a few years ago, right before completion, user Loulof Loulovski stopped working on his exceptional BK texture pack. At the time I commented on one of his videos if he wouldn't mind me finishing it if I could. He replied yes, and said that he also had some WIP Summer textures for CCW. I inboxed him my details and promptly forgot about it.

Skip forward a few years and I was messing around with emulators again and I remembered about finishing the texture pack.
After going through the labyrinth to access my YT inbox and see if he ever replied, it appears he didn't, and he's deleted all his videos since then.

But, with credit to him, since the game is so close to done I'm taking it on myself to finish it.

September 11 2021 Update

Quick update, but no new content.
I've basically reorganised the project folders so they can just be dropped on the original ones, no problem. This was fine for Furnace Fun, but I kept losing track of folders with CCW. Anyway, far as I can tell I've pruned everything that was redundant, which makes a fresh install simpler than wrangling folders.
The current extras are
  • Xbox 360 transitions, if you preferred the original N64 jigsaw shape
  • The original Grunty tile picture
  • Original spring waterline textures.
Even though they were edited as fixes, I wanted to make sure that I gave people the option to change things back.
As for the future, I'm currently working on the credits scenes, they should *fingers crossed* be done by early October.

Clean Installation:
  1. Download Loulof's Texture Pack and the Merged Update
  2. Extract the Texture Pack to your \GFX\hires_texture\Banjo-Kazooie folder
  3. From the Merged Update, extract the contents of the \Current ReleaseMERGED\Banjo-Kazooie\Textures folder, to \GFX\hires_texture\Banjo-Kazooie, overwriting the 2 files when prompted.
Installing Extras:

They should be able to be copy/pasted straight to the \GFX\hires_texture\Banjo-Kazooie folder, overwriting when prompted.

Also, make sure Alternative CRC Calculations is off, it doesn't like some textures for some reason.

Downloads:
Loulof's Texture Pack
Merged update

Screenshots:

aTkknn2.png

5dNyAqT.png

VWJGhO2.png

pGOXUmH.png

h48klMV.png

More?
  Spoiler:

3AptVOK.png

AQgUDzQ.png

9iLM8AQ.png

VQafogK.png

DcSDjyl.png

3EZG1ek.png

wPFjdqHl.png

CW9CdPWl.png

VXmzWIMl.png

2QVYgWGl.png

Schedule:
  • CCW Update
  • Furnace Fun
  • Credits/Polish
  • The Final Battle

Credits
Loulof Loulovski: For doing most of these textures
Filipianosol: For converting the NTSC text files.
Banjo's Backpack Discord: For making me a GS camera code

Last edited:

Filipianosol

Banjo-Kazooie Loulof NTSC character names

I didn't want to bump the original thread since nobody had posted in it for over 3 years and this thread on the other hand is fairly high in the WIP section.

I converted the PAL character names (letters, numbers, symbols) to NTSC. I didn't find any dialogue where the brackets are used, but if I do, I'll try to remember to edit this post so that it is fully NTSC. In the text file I have written step by step what textures I have renamed in case anyone is curious. I would also attach a version with Andy Bold (the font used in the XBLA version), though I don't know if it's okay to post XBLA textures.

Attachments

• Banjo-Kazooie Loulof NTSC character names.zip
    145.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Banjo-Kazooie Loulof NTSC character names (list).txt
    3 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
OP
Aethemix

Aethemix

I didn't want to bump the original thread since nobody had posted in it for over 3 years and this thread on the other hand is fairly high in the WIP section.

I converted the PAL character names (letters, numbers, symbols) to NTSC. I didn't find any dialogue where the brackets are used, but if I do, I'll try to remember to edit this post so that it is fully NTSC. In the text file I have written step by step what textures I have renamed in case anyone is curious. I would also attach a version with Andy Bold (the font used in the XBLA version), though I don't know if it's okay to post XBLA textures.

Hey, so I'm just now revisiting this project, but thankyou thankyou thankyou, this is a big help, and whilst I might not run with the font, having the file names so I can add the letters without the pain of dumping them is a massive time-saver, so again, thank you.

Grans

The Mega link is asking for a decryption key to download, I read through the thread and original post but wasn't able to find a key. I hope this is not me being an idiot and missing it.

It's really great you took it upon yourself to finish this, and it looks like you're doing a great job! Loulof himself got surprisingly close to finishing it, but sadly disappeared from the internet and even deleted his youtube channel. I actually hope he's okay. This was the best BK texture pack by far IMO, and one of the most impressive retextures i've ever seen period. Sorry for the bump, I don't often visit this section and didn't realize someone had decided to continue Loulof's work.

OP
Aethemix

Aethemix

Okay, yeah, I had no idea about the decryption thing, have now amended the download button to have a spoiler for the decryption key in it as well, thanks for the heads up.

OP
Aethemix

Aethemix

I am! Currently plugging away at getting good screenshots of the levels so I can make the portraits, but I couldn't find any way to unbind the camera, so I have to first edit Banjo out of everything.
But if you can, let me know how the update goes for you, and if there's any spots I've missed, and thanks for the support :)