What's new

Some Issues

tokmakus

Hey, First i would like to say thank you for the significant achievement on this emulator. Its accuracy is next to none.

One issue is bugging me i would like to adress. I have tried all available configs, different regions, Vga,tv,ntsc,pal,new,old plugins, Different resolutions etc.

While playing Virtual tennis 2 pal edition. The net on the court is not clear compared to original. It is hard to explain. So i have attached original and emulator images. Its is somewhat distracting as the grids on the net keeps moving like it is too dense. i was hoping if there is a solution for this.

Another issue is while using newdx plugin if i go to full screen 4:3 left and right black bars are flashing black and white intensively making it impossible to use full screen. I have also attached a jpeg explaining this. I would be very happy if i can find any solution. If not thank you anyways.

Specs: I7 4790, 16 gb ram , Nvidia Geforce GTX970, I use 64 layers on all games.

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Demul.png
    Demul.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Flashing.jpg
    Flashing.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
thanks for the report! this game pretty interesting test case.
it looks like this game does MIP-Map LOD bias tricks, which makes tennis net to look moir-noisy.
it require texture MIP level calculation to be hardware-exact, but currently is unknown how exactly it calculated, and it uses much mind blowing math.
however I'll try to solve it, at least I know practical test case now.