What's new

Demul v 111117 gpudx11old plugin crashing the emulator.

ark216

Hello everyone,
I just installed the latest version of demul emulator version 111117 in hope of getting the "internal resolution" scaler working fine but it seems as with previous versions it is crashing the emulator. The gpudx11old plugin doesn't seem to work this time around as well 😣

The only version that works with the "Internal Resolution" scaler working is 0.582. Is there a way to get the gpudx11old working with this new release?

Help will be much appreciated.
Thanks

MetalliC

Demul developer
sorry but no. gpudx11old is abandoned and planned to be removed at all, when Galeco emulation will be properly implemented in modern DX11 renderer.

it known to crash at least with some of ATI/AMD GCN 1st and/or 2nd gen GPUs, there is no known solutions or workarounds, developers had no ideas why this happen.

OP
A

ark216

So you mean to say in future there won't be any "internal resolution" scaler options in Demul? I have AMD Radeon R9 290 gfx card.

MetalliC

Demul developer
in short term - yes.

strictly speaking, Demul is targeted to be original hardware emulator, Dreamcast, NAOMI, etc.
not the tool for people who want to play almost 20 year old games, and want these games look like they not very old but somewhat modern, in 4K etc.

Last edited:
OP
A

ark216

I see but wouldn't it be great if we can play these games at a better resolution? The PCSX2 emulator does an amazing job of upscaling graphics. Just a thought.

MetalliC

Demul developer
probably crashfix for 1st gen AMD GCN back from 2015 broke it for GTX580 with recent drivers (iirc it was fine back then).

ughh, 3D software development for PC is a hell with never ending Russian roulette, if it will work on specific GPU with specific driver version or not.

OP
A

ark216

GTX 580 or RX 580? Which exact version of 0.7 works? I would like to try? As far as i recall 0.7 A also doesn't work with the old plugin.

OP
A

ark216

Metallic i just got to know that the gpu dx11old works in the 180616 build of the emulator. All you have to do is tick the "disable auto sort" option in the video settings. This does make the emulator run on that setting. But still there are graphical glitches.