What's new

Zombie Revenge (naomi versions) glitch

herber

Hi! I play this game a lot and have encountered this glitch on the only 2 versions of demul I've used and on both normal and Rev.A versions of the naomi rom for Zombie Revenge. This video is from the 07_121017 release. It happened on 07a_221215 as well. I believe it happens on any plug-in and any graphics configuration.

The third boss gets stuck in the walls 100% of the time I play the game. It looks like this (I am very amused by it in the vid because he doesn't normally go out of bounds :lol: ):
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186096219

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
is there some tricks required to reproduce this funny bug ?
I've just played the game until this boss and killed it with no problems.
what CPU do you have ? and what emulator config was used ? (ie is there anything not at default settings, besides controls)

OP
H

herber

Nothing special triggers it- he just has to jump and when he lands, the wall will sort of trap him and he keeps trying to jump. He usually jumps several times when you fight him. I can usually get him out of it by shooting him. I think it happens to me more often than not. If he doesn't get trapped, it's rare.

I have an i5-2500k 4ghz. I've used a lot of different configs and have always run into it, but current settings are:
--1280x720 res with vsync on, 4:3 aspect
--2x internal resolution
--Max layers = 8
--Blitter limit checked = 70,000,000

everything else is unchecked
it's on the old D3D11 so i can up the internal res

OP
H

herber

try normal render then, instead of old piece of legacy ****.

finally got around to testing it again tonight-- yep, works fine in the new one, which I hadn't tried cause I was attached to raising internal res (i'm not anymore lol.) Made the boss jump around a lot and he never got stuck.

thanks for the advice and the hard work on this awesome emu!