What's new

DEMUL 180816 Crashing only when Xbox One S controllers are connected

DMG

Hey everyone,

So I have a strange situation on my hands. DEMUL runs flawlessly when ran without controllers connected. All games play and I have no issues changing the keyboard control layout. No slowdown or crashing.

Once I connect my Xbox One S controller(s) via BT, DEMUL will crash when attempting to map the controller. I click the direction/button to be mapped, it crashes. I attempt to load a game without remapping, it crashes before the game even loads. I turn off my controller, and everything is fine again.

My Xbox controller drivers were automatically installed using the latest windows 10 build. They are both running the most recent firmware.

Does anyone know what I should do in this situation? I tried different compatibility settings to no avail.

I can't use the controllers via USB to test, since I have everything running on a surface Pro i5 6th gen with 8GB of ram (only 1 usb, which is taken up by my external HDD with my mame and demu files on it). I currently do not have a USB hub to test with.

MAME runs fine with the controllers connected via Bluetooth, as do all my steam games.

Any ideas? Would an older build fix my issues? Alternate controller plugin?

Thanks!!

bothanspy

You're missing a driver. I believe it's d3dx9.dll or something close to that. Install it and the crashes should abate.

OP
D

DMG

You're missing a driver. I believe it's d3dx9.dll or something close to that. Install it and the crashes should abate.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try it later on tonight and report back to see if it worked or not

OP
D

DMG

Unfortunately this did not resolve my issue, I appreciate it however.

If you or anyone has any other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks!