What's new

Spread the word - angrylion-rdp-plus

HellfireEternal

I finally got 60 FPS on Angrylion! Thank you! Through a combination of creating a new config file and using the correct RSP everything is running smoothly! I went with the latest Development build of the Angrylion plug in, default sound, default input, and CXD4's RSP (Shows up as "Static Interpreter") and the latest Project 64 build from the link above. Thanks again!

Last edited:
OP
B

Black Zero

Congratulations HellfireEternal, glad it worked out for you!

As for the angrylion-rdp-plugin I will not update the GitHub issue with up to date builds anymore and I have also deleted my GitHub account so that's the end of me.

You will however find the builds of the plugin [MENTION=13837]emu[/MENTION]CR.

Thanks for everything everyone!

OP
B

Black Zero

Did something happen to you on github?

Both yes and no but all I feel right now is frustration and anger.
I probably should take a long break from everything that concerns emulation and emulators, maybe start a new hobby or something.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Both yes and no but all I feel right now is frustration and anger.
I probably should take a long break from everything that concerns emulation and emulators, maybe start a new hobby or something.

Sorry to hear that. I know how frustrating these things can be BZ.

xenphor

Is it possible to use angrylion with vsync? It kind of makes it unplayable without it. I don't see any options for it in the menu.

Even with "Limit FPS" on some games run way too fast like World Driver Championship. Other games that run at the correct speed still have tons of stuttering.

Iconoclast

Cool, have not heard of it. I was sure someone was bound to tackle multi-threading for the plugin.

Does the plugin target some platforms besides Windows? Is Mupen64Plus required to use it? Have not had time to check into it.

It's good to have the option ready to implement in. Multi-threading is ideal once the plugin has been optimized and well-tested, so it's good to keep other people around who can add it in at the opportune time. Though multi-threading in the meantime before the plugin has been vectorized and better staticized can't hurt enjoyment on the side in the interim either.

Edit: The author does seem to acknowledge the disclaimer that the CPU multi-threading in this case still falls short of proper GPU-threaded rendering, but again even so I think it's a cool thing to play with in the meantime.

Last edited:

Griever

Any way to set the EXACT window resolution?

This plugin seems just exactly what I want for Densha de Go! 64 translation. Other soft rendering plugins are outdated and slow... (and DX/OGL plugins have gaps between polygons).
But I can't set up the EXACT window resolution (I need 1280x960). Yes, I can resize window manually, but it breaks aspect ratio. And Sizer utility doesn't help with Project 64 window... Any help?

OP
B

Black Zero

Any way to set the EXACT window resolution?

This plugin seems just exactly what I want for Densha de Go! 64 translation. Other soft rendering plugins are outdated and slow... (and DX/OGL plugins have gaps between polygons).
But I can't set up the EXACT window resolution (I need 1280x960). Yes, I can resize window manually, but it breaks aspect ratio. And Sizer utility doesn't help with Project 64 window... Any help?

Wow, I had almost forgotten this thread completely.

As far as I know there is no way to set the exact window resolution in either the Project64 Angrylion plugin or the m64p (Mupen64Plus) Angrylion plugin.

I will attach the latest Angrylion plugin for Project64 from November 2018 in case you haven't tried it out already and here is also a link to the last free m64p package in case you want to try that to.

I can't say that I have used Project64 for quite a while, m64p seems to work out of the box and it plays games like Resident Evil 2 and Rogue Squadron just fine.

Attachments

• Angrylion RDP Plus (x86-x64).7z
    383.1 KB · Views: 220

xenphor

Is it possible to use angrylion with vsync? It kind of makes it unplayable without it. I don't see any options for it in the menu.

Even with "Limit FPS" on some games run way too fast like World Driver Championship. Other games that run at the correct speed still have tons of stuttering.

I see ata4 has added vsync to the plugin (https://github.com/ata4/angrylion-rdp-plus/commit/422a7d80dae62c6c1fd5a20a932f129416c4e0b1) now which is very appreciated. Only problem is that I'm not a developer and have only really compiled stuff on Linux where it's much easier than Windows. Is there a way I could get a build of this with the vsync feature that was added? Or is there another release or WIP build planned?

Last edited:
OP
B

Black Zero

There is two possible options to go for here:

1. There is a WIP Build thread at ata4/angrylion-rdp-plus which could be updated soon

2. There is a chance EmuCR builds the plugin and updates soon

Other then that there is no easy way getting hands on this, I wish I could direct you to m64p but that is payware today with no freebies.

xenphor

well I do have mupen with angrylion, both in m64p and in Retroarch, but I find angrylion performs quite a bit better in Project 64.

OP
B

Black Zero

Attached files includes:

- Latest Angrylion RDP Plus Git (2019/04/23) (both x86 and x64), works with Project64 both 1.7 and newer 2.x versions
- Azimer's HLE Audio Plugin v0.70 WIP 9
- Latest Nrage Input v2.3
- Semi up to date cxd4 RSP (2018-03-22)
- An Angrylion RDP Plus compatible Project64 1.7.1.9999 RSP plugin for those who still prefer Project64 1.7.0.50 rev23

Attachments

• Angrylion.7z
    384.3 KB · Views: 191
  • Plugins.7z
    257.9 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

xenphor

Cool, thanks a lot.

edit: Hm, I don't think it is saving the new exclusive fullscreen and vsync options. What would I add to the ini file for those?

Last edited:
OP
B

Black Zero

As soon as I'm back home tonight I will try to see if I can help you somehow, I haven't had much time trying it out yet so I don't know what's wrong.
Usually Angrylion saves your configuration properly (at least the build from 2018-11-23 did)

It could be a bug or regression that causes this.
Also (although I don't think it's relevant) I'm on Project64 1.7.0.50 rev23 so I don't know if it could be something related to which version of Project64 you are using.

EDIT:

Based on the list of commits for this build:

* n64video_config_defaults -> n64video_config_init
* Added vsync and exclusive window options (Zilmar plugin only)
* Updated cmake for new file structure
* Moved gamma_filters step into a separate single-threaded loop
* Using rdram_valid_* in all functions for consistency
* Fixed paths for moved files
* Merged common plugin code with core
* Double window size for 320x240ish frames
* Removed deprecated "MinimalRebuild" option
* Initialize rgb values in vi_process_fast_parallel
* vi_fetch_filter_ptr is now a local variable in vi_process_full

The first and highlighted one seems like a potential candidate that could have broke the configuration saving ability somehow.

We'll know more once I have been able to try it out more.

Last edited:
OP
B

Black Zero

It does still save to the ini file, just not the 2 new options.

Oh...I see

Is there any mention in the ini for these variables?

exclusive = 0
vsync = 1

EDIT:

This is most likely a bug and it needs to be addressed, do you have a GitHub account xenphor?
I don't have a GitHub account any longer but if you do you can address the issue here:
https://github.com/ata4/angrylion-rdp-plus/issues

EDIT 2:
Forgot to mention I manually added the exclusive and vsync lines to the ini but it didn't saved so there is most definitely something wrong.

Last edited:

xenphor

Yeah I only had the previous ini I was using so it didn't have the new options. If they are actually supposed to be there then I guess I could report the issue, although then I might need a new build if it is fixed lol because it's kind of annoying to enable them every time.

Last edited:
OP
B

Black Zero

Yeah I only had the previous ini I was using so it didn't have the new options. If they are actually supposed to be there then I guess I could report the issue, although then I might need a new build if it is fixed lol because it's kind of annoying to enable them every time.

I saw your created issue xenphor, nice!
Hopefully this won't take long, and ata4 is pretty active too.

Meanwhile at my house I'm struggling getting Project64 to work, I've been using m64p for so long I have completely forgotten everything that was wrong with Project64.
I have now ditched 1.7.0.50 rev23 completely, too much have happened with plugins and stuff since I last used it.

Currently I'm trying out builds from here:
https://hyvart.com/download/project64/ci/

but also builds from EmuCR, which is kinda OK.

I've realized that I can't use m64p forever and Angrylion is starting to get updates again, I need to get a stable foundation to stand on that is easily maintainable.

EDIT:

Thank god!

I'm finally back in track in the Project64 department, found myself a nice stable build (Project64 2.4.0.1019) and got most of the RDB cleaned up for the games I have.
I also had to use an older cxd4 RSP plugin because the newest one gave all sorts of error messages, the one I'm using is the one posted at the first page of this thread.

Regarding the newest Angrylion, don't use it just yet, stick with the second latest from the 3rd page dated 2018-11-23 because there are several oddities besides not being able to use exclusive and vsync in the newest build.

Other than that, I got similar experience as using m64p and regarding sound Azimer's HLE Audio WIP 9 is the best so far, WIP 10 isn't as good.

Last edited:

xenphor

I was using a build from that site, .730, and hadn't had issues getting angrylion to work. Unfortunately there is an issue with Rare games https://github.com/ata4/angrylion-rdp-plus/issues/20. I also tried the latest nightly build from here: https://www.pj64-emu.com/nightly-builds but it still had issues with Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie. Supposedly 2.4.0.452 works but I can't find a build of that.

I don't believe I've had issues with the default RSP plugin, but I know cxd4 is needed for mupen to work with angrylion. What issues does it have?

What exactly is wrong with the newest Angrylion? Unfortunately I kind of need the vsync features because I really don't like having frame persistence issues so I couldn't really use the old ones regardless. Forcing driver vsync doesn't help.

I also use azimer WIP 10; how is WIP 9 better?

Last edited: