What's new

Spread the word - angrylion-rdp-plus

OP
B

Black Zero

What are your settings for m64p for the cxd4 rsp and sdl2 audio? I can't seem to get rid of intermittent audio popping even in games like Ocarina of Time which are easy to run at full speed. I have the buffer size at 2048 but it still happens. I tried it in parallel with angrylion and the audio was fine; it even runs at around 120fps unthrottled.

Well to be honest I haven't touched the sound settings in m64p, and either my hearing is bad or I'm just lucky because I don't hear any audio popping at all with default settings in any game.

As for cxd4 the only thing I have changed is the DisplayListToGraphics option enable for angrylion to run.

A side note, I tested the latest public release of GLideN64 (4.0) today in both m64p and Project64 and I enabled all the options to make it as accurate to the N64 as possible.
Well the result was quite good for 14 of the 15 games I have, only BioHazard 2 was really bad and the water in the Frigate level in GoldenEye looked bad.

I'm starting to wonder if N64 emulation is cursed somehow, because right when you think that you have found something that could be good, one little thing pops up and it's all back to square one again.

m64p with angrylion, cxd4, cached_interpreter and vertical sync enabled still seems to be the best combo at the moment.

I haven't given up on Project64 though, still a fantastic emulator with great options.

xenphor

what are the best settings for gliden64? Or you could just post the gliden64.ini file.

I've noticed texture seams in Perfect Dark, and it doesn't seem possible to get a sharp native resolution picture so that 2d elements are rendered properly. If you choose native resolution it will be overly blurry compared to what you can get with retroarch and shaders. I don't really want to increase the native resolution because I don't like the look of it, and 2d elements are not always rendered properly, even if the option is enabled to do so.

Here is a comparison shot I made between GlideN64 in PJ64 and retroarch at native resolution:
https://imgur.com/a/PiJyRQm

Unfortunately I can't seem to configure mupen with gliden64 in retroarch very well because trying out Quake 64 causes issues when using the pause screen.

Last edited:
OP
B

Black Zero

Well from the top of my head this is the options I can recall that I use in GLideN64 since I'm at work right now.

VIDEO

Full screen resolution: 1920 x 1080 16:9
Refresh rate: 60 Hz
Windowed resolution: 640 x 480
Enable VSync: Yes
Aspect ratio: 4:3
Bilinear filtering: N64-style 3 point

EMULATION

Enable N64-style mip-mapping: Yes
Enable noise: Yes
Store compiled shaders for performance: Yes
Internal resolution: Original N64 resolution (most accurate)

FRAME BUFFER

Emulate frame buffer: Yes
Copy auxiliary color buffers to N64 memory: Yes
Frame buffer swap on: Vertical interrupt
Use emulator help to read/write frame buffers: Yes
Read depth buffer in 4 KB chunks: Yes
Copy video card frame buffer to N64 memory: Synchronous
Copy video card depth buffer to N64 memory: VRAM (In software for Super Smash Bros.)
Enable N64-style depth compare: Yes

OP
B

Black Zero

Well I have literally tried out all there is to try out at this point and Project64 with Angrylion and m64p with Angrylion is the best there is as of today, I wasn't really satisfied with ParaLLEl to be honest.

I gave up on GLideN64 too, everything seemed to go well until I booted BioHazard 2.

I'm tired of N64 emulation at the moment, and I got to move on to other systems. Only hope is that Angrylion improves later this year but for now I have to focus on other things.

OP
B

Black Zero

[MENTION=113467]xenphor[/MENTION]

Your issues with exclusive and vsync should be fixed now, please verify with attachment (both x86 and x64 .dlls included)

Attachments

• angrylion.zip
    477.3 KB · Views: 67
OP
B

Black Zero

Angrylion RDP Plus Git (2019/05/23)

Angrylion RDP Plus Changelog:
- Fixed some warnings
- Fixed wrong variable name for screen_read definition
- Added support for external shader files
- Using GL_RGBA/GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE on all platforms and GPUs
- Replaced ccvg struct with rgba and using it for the framebuffer as well
- Revert "Moved gamma_filters step into a separate single-threaded loop"
- Revert "Small gamma pass optimization"

Added support for external shaders is quite interesting, maybe RetroArch shaders is compatible?

Attachments

• angrylion-plus.zip
    223 KB · Views: 66

xenphor

Ok it seems to be saving properly now. Being able to use Retroarch shaders would be nice for things like sharpening the linear filter without causing uneven pixel scaling, because I can't get the nearest neighbor setting in angrylion to scale on an integer. How exactly do you use them in Project 64?

xenphor

Unfortunately I don't really know anything about programming but it would be nice to use shaders, either in pj64 or mupen as well.

OP
B

Black Zero

angrylion's RDP Plus r7-120 with all commits up to 1f8e27b

Notable commits:

- Added parallel rendering compatibility modes (This allows users to choose between speed and compatibility when using multi-threaded/parallel rendering.
The default medium profile is equal to the previously hardcoded settings. This should help with issues #80 and #12

Attachments

• angrylion-plus.zip
    82.8 KB · Views: 411