Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It all could be issues on my end but filtered + linear makes the startup screen in Perfect Dark look bizarre in latest Angrylion, but it doesn't in the 2018-11-23 build.
    Azimer's WIP 10 is a bit more sluggish than WIP 9, but then again I'm only on a i7 8700K so it could be that.

Thanks for linking to the nightly build page regarding Project64, at least I don't have to use EmuCR builds anymore.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I can't get Perfect Dark to boot at all in PJ64. Works in mupen.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xenphor View Post
    I can't get Perfect Dark to boot at all in PJ64. Works in mupen.
    I own the PAL/EU version of Perfect Dark but the NTSC/USA and NTSC/Japan version should work quite well too.
    I'm currently using Project64 v2.4.0-955-g352dcff with Angrylion from 2018-11-23, Azimer's Audio WIP 9, alternating between Project64 RSP and cxd4 RSP.

Perfect Dark boots just fine both in Project64 and m64p.

It could be RDB related, I have tailor made mine to perfection so every game work perfectly.

I'm attaching a .txt file with RDB information which I have used to perfect my RDB file, you could find it useful.

If you need help with anything just ask, Perfect Dark should work great today in Project64 with everything that is available.
    Attached Files Attached Files

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ok I guess it is the vsync build of angrylion that is messing it up. I used that older build of angrylion and it boots.

I was getting this error:

cn64system::RunRSP

I tried changing to interpreter and it didn't fix it. I also tried using HatCat's RSP and it didn't help either. I guess I'll just have to stick to mupen since vsync works with that and it boots Perfect Dark at least.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok I guess it is the vsync build of angrylion that is messing it up. I used that older build of angrylion and it boots.

I was getting this error:

cn64system::RunRSP

I tried changing to interpreter and it didn't fix it. I also tried using HatCat's RSP and it didn't help either. I guess I'll just have to stick to mupen since vsync works with that and it boots Perfect Dark at least.
    It's a good thing to keep a backup of mupen because I'm not sure if m64p ever will be free again but it's also a good thing to have an up to date Project64 build because of Angrylion.
    The state of N64 emulation is a sad one to say at least, only console I really don't know what to stick with.

Anyway, if there is something I could help you with don't hesitate to ask!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    How often does the core of the emulator change or improve? Can you just use the latest free m64p and then update the plugins as necessary?

I have used just the standard release build of mupen64plus before, but when I tried to use it with one of those angrylion or gliden64 builds I couldn't get it working. What does m64p do differently?
    Last edited by xenphor; April 25th, 2019 at 22:45.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good question!

After m64p became payware I think focus shifted to improving the GUI for GLideN64 making it more user friendly like in the Project64 version.
    At least that's what I can interpret from the little information given on the Patreon Page

I don't know how often the mupen64plus-gui (which is more like a front-end to mupen64plus) is updated anymore and if you actually could make "Frankenstein" builds with newer versions of GLideN64, Angrylion and the mupen64plus-core and such.

This is again the sad state of N64 emulation, you are forced to make all sorts of abomination builds and nothing is really stable or permanent.

For almost 2 consecutive years I have been using m64p with great success, then all of the sudden the project becomes locked behind Patreon and just hours before the links to the last build were removed I managed to snag 2 copies, one x86 and one x64

At least Project64 is still free for now at least, but if that would locked away behind paywalls too then our only hopes goes to Libretro/RetroArch

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    m64p seems to work okay although I've had issues with the audio, specifically popping in Banjo Tooie. I set the buffer size to 2048 but it still happens. I've also tried messing with the cxd4 options like enabling sending audio lists to plugin, but that breaks the audio. Also, sometimes sound effects are delayed while other times they are not, depending on the game.
    Last edited by xenphor; April 26th, 2019 at 17:56.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    m64p seems to work okay although I've had issues with the audio, specifically popping in Banjo Tooie. I set the buffer size to 2048 but it still happens. I've also tried messing with the cxd4 options like enabling sending audio lists to plugin, but that breaks the audio. Also, sometimes sound effects are delayed while other times they are not, depending on the game.
    I know the feeling and have been there many times, seems like you have to alternate between Project64 and m64p a lot.

You could try out what's in here:
    http://www.emutalk.net/threads/57309...-right-in-here!

I have made several tests with that setup and everything seems to work just great!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    yeah that's pretty much the setup I have for Project 64 and when using your build I still can't get Banjo Tooie to boot. It freezes at the intro. I tried both RSP's.

Of course, even if it did work, I would still have to use a version of angrylion that had the exclusive fullscreen and vsync options I requested, which apparently has regressions, so I guess it doesn't matter.

M64p w/ angrylion seems to work well for Banjo Tooie other than the fact that it freezes randomly so I have to save state constantly.
    Last edited by xenphor; April 27th, 2019 at 17:00.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast