What's new

Video and audio corruption. Naomi emulation suddenly no longer working.

Yotsubox

I downloaded Demul last night and got it set up pretty much hastle free. It was working perfectly (I succesfully ran Crazy Taxi, and Initial D Arcade Stage without any issue) but when I went to bed my computer did a big update and now when I run the emulator, the video and audio is corrupted. I've tried everything I could think of (Updated drivers, updated directx, updated java, redownloaded all the roms and bios again, redownloaed and set up demul) but nothing has fixed the issues. I have to assume it has something to do with that update.

I'll attach some screenshots I took from Crazy Taxi to show the issue, it happens with every rom, on both Naomi and Naomi 2. I'm completely stumped.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).jpg
    Screenshot (1).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Screenshot (4).jpg
    Screenshot (4).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot (5).jpg
    Screenshot (5).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot (6).jpg
    Screenshot (6).jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot (8).jpg
    Screenshot (8).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 152
OP
Y

Yotsubox

Oh sorry, I forgot I made this thread.

I solved my issue; I reverted back to a previous version of windows 10 and everything was working again. For whatever reason the latest update just breaks Demul.

does this happen if use regular DX11 renderer ?
DX11old is glitchy like sh*t

It was also happening on DX11 and not just DX11old. Very weird issue. I don’t use DX11old, I guess I had it still set to it when I took the screenshots, but that was just because I had been frantically messing around with every possible video setting :p

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
good then. what version of win10 was problematic ? I have 1703 with all updates and didn't noticed any problems.