Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^DDS wouldn't have any benefit at all in terms of how the emulator loads anything, I just wanted to use it for better control over file sizes. The method you linked should help with that, though.

As for Reshade not loading correctly, I'm not sure that would be a texture issue. Reshade does something similar for me in Citra, where it just doesn't load up correctly and won't display its menu on screen, even though others have gotten it working. I've reinstalled Reshade a few times (I did a clean Windows install a while ago and had to set everything up again from scratch) and it's always just loaded right up. You can check the log file Reshade creates in your emulator directory to see where it's failing or logging errors... I might not be able to help you with them, but someone on the Reshade forums might be able to figure it out.

Here's what I'm doing with the Bomber's notebook:

I think the original concept art makes for good portraits, but there are a few gaps I had to fill in. For the Gormon brothers I took Ocarina of Time's Ingo art and gave it the heavily shaded, underlit look Majora's Mask art has to match the rest of the portraits:

For Shiro I'm using Breath of the Wild Link's soldier armor as a base, since it's very similar to the clock town guards, and drawing over it. I'll get the correct design on the helmet done eventually:

And I'm drawing Grog, Anju's grandmother, and the bomb shop lady from scratch. I'm not sure about how the bomb shop lady is turning out:

They're rougher than the original concept art, but hopefully the difference isn't too obvious when scaled down in the notebook.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, DDS decreases the file size compared to png. But the thing is, once either one is loaded, something is done to them in GlideN64 as to make them the same size in memory and in the cache file ,which is what's really being distributed these days. Streaming the textures directly from RAM is much faster, loading each one from disk as they're used results in stuttering. That's my understanding anyway. This is not my forte, so.

And that art is beautiful! I can't draw to save my life (am a network engineer by trade), so I appreciate your skills and dedication!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12