Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everything works fine once I remove the opengl32.dll which is Reshade. I tried GlideN64 with old version of Reshade and it somewhat works, no depth effects work such as SSAO, the newest version of Reshade wont work with GlideN64 2.0 or 3.0. Which version of Project64 do you use, maybe that could be the reason.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm using the latest 2.4 development build of pj64 which is from August 20th, and I usually use the Naboo alpha 1 build of GlideN64 since it's the newest version that works without the Reshade glitch I mentioned. MXAO won't work correctly in anything other than 2.0, but the other effects all work for me in the newer builds. The only issue is that things turn transparent indoors like I mentioned, but it all still runs.

The GlideN64 developers opted to cut bloom and other post processing out of the plugin since external programs like Reshade could handle that, but unfortunately they've also opted not to work on remaining compatible with Reshade. From what I read on the Reshade forum I assume MXAO could work if they ported it into the plugin itself instead of going through Reshade, but I don't think any developer will make that a priority if even basic Reshade compatibility can't get attention.

There is a depth buffer detection mod that has made its way into official Reshade releases which allows for getting buffer access and running effects like MXAO in games where it used to be impossible, but it's only for D3D backends. If the same were done for openGL, it might provide a way to finally getting MXAO to work in new GlideN64 versions. There's plenty of time between now and the textures being done for these issues to get worked out.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That could be why. I was using Project64 2.2 since I don't have access to this development build, I didn't even know they still did those. I tried searching for this GlideN64 Naboo alpha 1 but didn't find it, I could only find version 3.0 and some other experiment one about soccer or something. But from testings it just Project64 doesn't work at all with Reshade 3 and has severe issues with GlideN64 3.0. I got Reshade 3 to pop up but no shaders are loaded, not even in the Reshade 3 menu it's blank. On top of all that, GlideN64 crashes when loading your texture pack, I get an error and the game just crashes.

Last edited by Knight45; September 19th, 2018 at 23:33.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910