Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's the first video showing the new swamp areas in motion:

I'm glad those textures look alright- I got some negative feedback about the tree wall around Termina field last time (it's been replaced!) and the swamp tree wall is a similar texture. Luckily it's farther away and blends in better.

Fantastic job. Will be compatible with these patches https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5161.0 and with which roms? Cheers.
    I've never heard of those mods before. Is that for making the GC version play more like the N64 game? If you're running it in Dolphin you'd need to use Dolphin's texture format, which Admentus has started converting the pack to. If you can actually run the GC version in Project64 after that hack, I have no idea if these textures would still work.

And here's the new upload of the pack if anyone wants to try it (it's getting huge):
    https://mega.nz/#!iU9FmYRD!zJY_izl1K...9RA24DoZCwgqp8
    Last edited by Nerrel; July 3rd, 2018 at 03:21.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for new update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, your texture pack looks great so far. Works fine for me too but Link's tunic looks a bit weird with distracting moire effects and alignment issues

https://s15.postimg.cc/d9nbqje23/Untitled.png

Is this how it's supposed to look or some error? Where can i find there particular textures so i can remove them until they are fixed? Thanks.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for the update Nerrel.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks to everyone for the testing and comments. As mentioned above, Link's tunic is a junk placeholder and if anyone else wants to delete it then remove the following textures from ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK/characters/Link:
    ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK#C892FCD2#4#1_all
    ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK#BD776316#4#1_all

For anyone who is using the new upload, there's an issue where a texture needed to be semi-transparent in order to work in the woodfall area. I've uploaded the corrected file along with the in-progress woodfall textures, drag the folder into ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK be sure to overwrite everything:
    https://mega.nz/#!yBEh1YaY!NL6K-vajw...6sPeZZe-rvJckI

Woodfall is done and the temple is well underway now. I forgot to put the Deku palace in the video, so here's a shot of that too:

I also found an xbrz scaler I can use on the minimaps. I've been scaling them up using nearest neighbor just to keep them sharp, but with this they would lose the pixelated edges and appear smooth. I'd like some feedback on how it looks in these examples before I redo all the maps with it (couldn't get it to upload, so the image is attached):
    Name:  Maps.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  148.9 KB

Last edited by Nerrel; July 10th, 2018 at 23:37.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

N64

Hello guy's

Really well done for this work except it is beautiful.
    I did not find any other HD texturing like this one.

I would love to play but I do not understand how exactly.

Can someone explain exactly what to do to install the patch?

(I use the RomStation platform but I can change)

Thank you so much.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock47 View Post
    Hello guy's

Really well done for this work except it is beautiful.
    I did not find any other HD texturing like this one.

I would love to play but I do not understand how exactly.

Can someone explain exactly what to do to install the patch?

(I use the RomStation platform but I can change)

Thank you so much.
    Thanks for the comments. I've never heard of romstation before so I can't really say anything about it, but this isn't a patch that needs to be installed. It's meant to be used with an N64 emulator like project64 or mupen64+. In the case of project64, you would need to -

-download and install pj64
    -download the gliden64 plugin and place it in project64/plugin/
    -extract my "ZELDA_MAJORA'S_MASK" folder from the archive and place it in project64/plugin/gfx/hires_texture/
    -click "use texture pack," "use full transparency," and "compress texture cache" in the gliden64 options. No patching needed, the emulator will just use the png files in the folder as they are.

If you're willing to give that a try let me know if it works.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

problem

Hello Nerrel,

Thank you for the instructions! However, I can not get the HD update to work.

-I install Project64 OK
    -I place the Gliden64 patch in "plugin" "

* - I put the folder "MAJORA ......." in "hires_texture" that I created at the right place

- In option / parameter / plugin I make the change.

And nothing changes, I'm a little lost ...

I hope you have a solution, I'm not very good at doing the manipulations so maybe I missed a step.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The settings in your graphics plugin options menu should look like this. Make sure the path listed is the same place you have the zelda folder. If it still doesn't work, try disabling "save enhanced cache to hard disk," as that feature is bugged in gliden64 3.0 and may not save the cache correctly. Check project64 2.3/plugin/gfx/cache for a cache file; if there is one, it should be around 500mb. If there's a file that's much smaller, delete it.

When you open the ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK folder itself should display its path just like this when placed correctly (I install project64 into the documents folder, by default it will be in program files):

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Nerrel!
    I took over the manpulation from the beginning and it works!
    It's really awesome.

I would love to help you finish your job, I am a graphic designer, of course I am far from the best but if you need help and I can help.

Have you already made other games in HD?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast