Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First of all, I just wanted to say that Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time and one of the earliest games i played. I've completed about 20+ playthroughs of it including getting the fierce deity mask; i'm quite attached to it. The work you are doing on this project is unbelievable, the textures are incredibly high quality and faithful to the original game! I'm very excited to see where this project goes from here on out, thanks for the good work you've been doing for this game.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nerrel

I think you should stick with the darker version of the floor tiles. Ordinarily I would say stick to the original, but this is a rare exception and the dark version looks way better.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've got the daytime sky done. I was lucky enough to get a lot of help from other people who already worked on these textures and figured out their baffling arrangements in past mods. The nighttime sky will be much simpler once I get the time to work on it:

Text isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but I did manage to improve the fonts in the game. I had originally used Arial since it was the closest match I had, but I managed to find the original font both MM and OoT used; it's called chiaro B, a Japanese font that's very hard to track down. I finally managed to find it and updated the fonts, so now the in-game text is 100% accurate to the original (and just looks cooler than Arial):

Original text:

Chiaro B:

Arial:

I also got a hold of the font used for the boss names:

Quote Originally Posted by frostlink View Post
    First of all, I just wanted to say that Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time and one of the earliest games i played. I've completed about 20+ playthroughs of it including getting the fierce deity mask; i'm quite attached to it. The work you are doing on this project is unbelievable, the textures are incredibly high quality and faithful to the original game! I'm very excited to see where this project goes from here on out, thanks for the good work you've been doing for this game.
    Glad to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanak View Post
    Nerrel

I think you should stick with the darker version of the floor tiles. Ordinarily I would say stick to the original, but this is a rare exception and the dark version looks way better.
    Thanks, it helps to have this kind of push when I'm indecisive.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice work.

Somewhere with the polarbears. Norway I think.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I like what I'm seeing!
    Keep it up!!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's Termina field part one:

The remaining field textures have had some failed first drafts done... there are a lot of tricky mappings to deal with, which I'll be prepared for on the second pass.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This guy is good

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The rest of Termina and the night sky:

Damn ReShade UI!

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the square stars... They're not generated with textures. Hopefully it would be possible to improve them with a rom hack, or maybe even a gameshark code? I know some visual elements can be changed through GS cheats. The only solution I've found for now is to use a bokeh depth of field effect to subtly distort them, but the drawback is that the UI will also be slightly blurred.

You might have noticed that I'm trying new full size buttons for the HUD. I still think they block a little too much and I may shrink them down, but I'll make sure they're big enough not to be totally lost under the items. I also recolored the world map to get rid of the blank paper at the edges, since I didn't think it matched the UI very well and it's closer to the original like this.

(You can see a bit of the first version here)

There are about 200 new textures since my last upload and a few hundred old ones were revised (including the entire text system), so I updated the pack. Admentus hasn't had anything to work with for a long while!
    https://mega.nz/#!TAlxUbhK!MK6mu2eJs...YqR5ZCE-X3Fpn8

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You sir, are amazing. Time to pick up the slack again and port this into Dolphin again!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It doesn't mater if you can't change the stars in he sky. The texture pack looks very beautiful, keep it up, you let me speechless! c:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast