Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's what's been happening over the past month-

GlideN64 is now fixed and the deku race and pirate fortress areas can be retextured without mapping problems. Gonetz also plans to add a Dolphin style texture loading option so that only the textures needed are loaded (as opposed to loading everything at startup).

Gamemasterplc has fixed his widescreen patch and there's now a 16:9 option that's basically bug free. His old patch broke the motion blur effect in addition to a dozen other things, but after a few members of my Discord tested the latest version it seems to work without any major problems. As you can see, it moves the HUD to the edges of the screen and improves a few other things here and there. The current version is mainly missing the bomber's notebook fixes:

You can download a beta version here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kZ...nAggyOjcyAh_Cf
    And then use this online utility to patch your game (obviously, don't overwrite your original): https://hack64.net/tools/patcher.php

I've also redone all of the item and mask textures to more closely match the originals. Anything that wasn't an official render has been redrawn, which means every bottle has been redone from scratch, and the lighting is now more consistent with the original textures. I also expect to finish the temple before the end of the month and I've got a gallery of early comparison shots here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EaTkMrgT4fx91Bqj9

The last thing I want to mention, which is insane, is that the author of MXAO has moved on to create a full ray tracing shader that operates off of the same information that MXAO did. That means that if you use GlideN64 2.0, or if the newer versions ever get depth effects fixed, you can play Majora's Mask with ray tracing once the shader is finished. Digital Foundry has been showing it off a lot and you can see a good example of it here (skip to 26:45):
    Last edited by Nerrel; May 20th, 2019 at 00:56.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great bay temple:

The video compression doesn't show the new textures very clearly, so here are some screenshots to go with the video. The first two shots show the difference the new path tracing shader makes (even partially broken the improvement is still easy to see:

Gyrog was a headache to deal with since his mappings made little sense. I tried a texture based on the concept art and in spite of being seamless it tiles with seams:

One of his fins is also upside down for some reason:

The end result isn't ideal, but it looks better than it did when I started:
    Last edited by Nerrel; May 31st, 2019 at 04:45.

Just Having Fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to be ever-so-slightly disappointed when you finally finish this project because it means there will be nothing more to look forward to.

Do you offer your talents elsewhere?
    Last edited by EmuNoviceUser; June 10th, 2019 at 17:48. Reason: spelling
    When emulation is not enough, walk outside. I've been told it's a very interesting game out there.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The links have been updated to include the temple textures and I also added in Odolwa's textures:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow Nerrel, keep up the great work. Hugely impressed with how much effort you have been putting into this project and how well it is all turning out!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617