Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oooh, neato!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This might sound like the pettiest complaint ever, but the ocarina C button icon is a noticeably different color to the original and stood out in the comparison shots. Wonderful work as always, can't wait to see the snowhead temple complete!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello. Could someone please tell me what versions of Glide64, PJ64 and any other info I need to run this texture pack? I tried running this on 2.3.2 with Glide64 final and all I get is a unknown memory error after loading up to 700mb of the pack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Hello. Could someone please tell me what versions of Glide64, PJ64 and any other info I need to run this texture pack? I tried running this on 2.3.2 with Glide64 final and all I get is a unknown memory error after loading up to 700mb of the pack.
    You should be using the GlideN64 plugin, not Glide64, and you'll also need the 4GB patcher for larger texture packs to avoid the memory errors, you can get it here

Nerrel has created a video tutorial over on his YouTube channel if you want to take a look:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh thank you soo much stranger. Out of all the videos i've watched, I missed this one. Now I'm going to move onto getting reshades up and working.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The temple and entire mountain area are now done, another big milestone for the pack!

Goht is once again based on the concept art instead of the old textures. There's been some disagreement on Discord about which beard is better:

It's hard to get a good look at all of the details, so here are Goht's textures themselves:

I'll get a video and new links up tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking absolutely gorgeous as usual! I do have to say I like Goht's original patterns better. I think they were more eye-catching, bright, and bold. The version here leaves a slightly more subtle impression from the original (subtle is still an overstatement). Just my preference and opinion, though; I realize this was a conscious decision. Also, the painted pattern part of his knees blends better in the original due to the pinkish bronze vertical edges being thicker on the original texture. It's a rougher transition without the thicker edges (I hope you know what I'm talking about). What's going on with the rocky sledge things behind Goht? They have big dark squares here. As a nitpick, I don't like how much thinner the bars are in that section with the boss chest. The thinness makes them seem weaker. Also the balance of white to color is different with certain textures when you zoom out and compare them; some of the originals feel slightly less cold as a result. This could be reshade again, but I don't think so, seems more of a balance difference in the highlights/whites. It's very slight, but I always feel like I have to throw it out there. Other than that, I'm absolutely loving it! Looks as perfect as usual.

Also, you have a discord server? I would love to be a part of that.
    Last edited by Stalfos King; December 4th, 2018 at 20:14.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The barricades around Goht use the same texture as his panels, which is why you see that design on them. Either they made a mistake or they wanted the design there, because there are other rock textures in use in that room that they could have used instead. The bars shouldn't be thicker, since the bar is the same size as the original in the texture... that may have something to do with the higher resolution. The Discord link in my signature should get you to the right channel.

The video:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That explains the barricade things. I figured it had to be something like that. Also, I don't know what's up with the bars, but it's visible in the screenshots of the boss key area. Not a big deal in any capacity, but I do think the original, thicker bars are better. Also, I can't believe I never noticed the Discord lol, it's been right there the whole time.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't believe projects like this are still being done for MM, but that just shows how beloved it is. As for the project, words escape me. The latest shots look absolutely gorgeous. I love how they look so much like the originals just upgraded. They honestly look amazing.

The close look at the Goht textures is just awesome, too!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast