Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Keep up the great work @Nerrel, you have been doing a fantastic job so far at retexturing Majoras Mask!

Somewhere with the polarbears. Norway I think.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is looking stunning!
    If you get the time, maybe you could post a short video with the improvements?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you all for the feedback! I've got two updates worth of stuff that I haven't had the time to share yet, but next week I should be able to show the swamp and some characters.

talker, I've been meaning to do a video of the first three day cycle for a while. I've mainly been waiting to get all of the textures a player will see in that first cycle done before doing it, a few main character textures are still left. I also want to do a video comparing the original vs MM3D, since a lot of people always seem surprised when they hear how much was altered and I'm not sure if all the downgrades in the remake are well known.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking forward to the updates. I'm glad I haven't replayed Majoras Mask in well over 10 years, it'll be very nice playing it when this mod is finished

Somewhere with the polarbears. Norway I think.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerrel View Post
    talker, I've been meaning to do a video of the first three day cycle for a while. I've mainly been waiting to get all of the textures a player will see in that first cycle done before doing it, a few main character textures are still left. I also want to do a video comparing the original vs MM3D, since a lot of people always seem surprised when they hear how much was altered and I'm not sure if all the downgrades in the remake are well known.
    Cool! Looking forward to see how it looks in action!
    Yeah, the 3DS version kinda ruined the game in my opinion.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are a rare talent!

I think you are talented at what you do and I hope you succeed in whatever you try to accomplish with this game and life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leevwj89 View Post
    I think you are talented at what you do and I hope you succeed in whatever you try to accomplish with this game and life.
    Out of curiosity...why are there two Tatls hovering in the air? Also, the doors, the HUD for the sun, day, and clock are bugged out too. I can test anything else and list my settings if need be. Thanks!!!

CPU: AMD 760k Quad Core 3.8 Ghz
    Ram: 16 GB 1600 Mhz
    GPU: GTX 970
    PSU: 725 Watt

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is my first real attempt to do any of the characters. The mappings are very limiting here, so it'll be tough to get too much closer to the art than this:

Deku Link- his hair isn't quite right yet

Skull Kid-

The Happy Mask Salesman- he's not all done yet, but most of the textures are there. It's hard to get a good view of the masks, so here are the textures themselves to compare with:

I dumped the models out of the game and managed to get them loaded into Blender, which apparently can't export them in a format that can be reinserted into the game? Hopefully at some point I'll be able to also work on the models, but for now I have no idea what I'm doing!

Next time will be the swamp, which is mostly done. Here's a little bit of the path in:

Out of curiosity...why are there two Tatls hovering in the air? Also, the doors, the HUD for the sun, day, and clock are bugged out too. I can test anything else and list my settings if need be. Thanks!!!
    Thank you for that! Can you show me a screenshot of what you're talking about? If you're using GlideN64, the only real options that can cause problems with my texture pack are "use full transparency" (should be on) and convert to 16bpp (should be off).
    Last edited by Nerrel; May 22nd, 2018 at 22:47.

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerrel View Post
    This is my first real attempt to do any of the characters. The mappings are very limiting here, so it'll be tough to get too much closer to the art than this:

Deku Link- his hair isn't quite right yet

Skull Kid-

The Happy Mask Salesman- he's not all done yet, but most of the textures are there. It's hard to get a good view of the masks, so here are the textures themselves to compare with:

I dumped the models out of the game and managed to get them loaded into Blender, which apparently can't export them in a format that can be reinserted into the game? Hopefully at some point I'll be able to also work on the models, but for now I have no idea what I'm doing!

Next time will be the swamp, which is mostly done. Here's a little bit of the path in:

Thank you for that! Can you show me a screenshot of what you're talking about? If you're using GlideN64, the only real options that can cause problems with my texture pack are "use full transparency" (should be on) and convert to 16bpp (should be off).
    Amazing.
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry for the late reply but here are the images!!!!

I think you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the finished product.
    Here are the screenshots of my settings and gameplay:

I believe I have all of the settings which you stated, but you can double check to see if anything is off. Otherwise, the text seemed perfect. I just experienced other issues here and there (graphic-wise).

PJ64 v. 2.3.2.202

https://ibb.co/cvrRy8 (TEXT)
    https://ibb.co/b4WDRJ
    https://ibb.co/kRFwfd
    https://ibb.co/b0y4Yy
    https://ibb.co/hpj06J
    https://ibb.co/harf6J
    https://ibb.co/jnnL6J
    https://ibb.co/fCHyty
    https://ibb.co/mQ3hLd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings 1.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	40141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings 2.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	40142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings 3.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	40143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Character Name Creation.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	519.5 KB 
ID:	40144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fairies Doubled-Up.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	408.1 KB 
ID:	40145  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gameplay 1.png 
Size:	903.7 KB 
ID:	40146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gameplay 2.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	432.9 KB 
ID:	40147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gameplay 3.png 
Size:	495.9 KB 
ID:	40148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gameplay 4.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	330.5 KB 
ID:	40149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tatlx2.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	730.4 KB 
ID:	40150  

Last edited by leevwj89; May 18th, 2018 at 19:29.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here are the screenshots of my settings and gameplay
    Yikes, that's all pervasive. Almost half the textures are failing to load at all. The first thing I have to say is that I've been creating these textures for GlideN64 rather than the old Glide64 plugin, so I can only guarantee that they'll work there. That means I'm also using the filenames GlideN64 dumps with, which may not always be compatible with other plugins... I don't think there's any reason to use Glide64 at this point since GlideN64 has a ton of advantages, especially for this game (the point lighting was decoded and accurately implemented). If you can, give GlideN64 a try.

Otherwise, I don't have the old Glide64 plugin to test with, but I'd suspect the "rice texture format" setting may be the problem. Try changing it around (what other option is there?) and see if that works. Also, you shouldn't need HQ4x since you're running the game at 720p and the textures are drawn for at least double that res. If the above doesn't help, try disabling the compression and save to disk options (it's possible that you may need to patch your project64 exe to go over 2gb) and see if the problem goes away. Those are the only options that I can imagine causing an issue.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast