Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That sounds amazing, Im also a console version fan

The background screenshots were done with the software "A.I. Gigapixel" by the resetera forum user Cheapstare:
    https://www.resetera.com/members/cheapstare.5097/

Maybe he can help you with the upscaling of the rest of the backgrounds (on my ideal dreamworld with a complete texture d u m p by dolphin, the entire batch could be upscaled)

Best regards

(the upscale OOT backgrouds post):
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/ai-.../post-17057881

Edit:
    The resetera users collige and , are batch upscaling Gamecube games, they already have Metroid Prime and Beautiful Joe in record tme, I think in something like a week, Im speechless, so maybe zelda can be batch upscaled.

Metroid Prime:
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/ai-.../post-17049303

Beautiful Joe:
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/ai-.../post-17432473
    Last edited by rubenjavier; February 6th, 2019 at 16:41.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two questions, apologies if these have already been addressed (I haven't read this entire thread)

The video and screenshots by Nerrel show the game in true 16:9, while I find setting 16:9 in GlideN64 simply horizontally stretches the video. How do you get this true 16:9?

Has there been any effort with 30 or 60 FPS hacks? As linked in the description of Nerrel's project overview video, there has been quite an effort to get 30 FPS in MM on Dolphin. However I haven't found any such hacks/codes get higher framerates working in N64 MM.
    Last edited by Av.B.W.; February 22nd, 2019 at 04:15.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I use the "adjust option," which seems to work really well aside from a few effects being visibly culled on the edges. Nobody seems to be interested in making a 30fps code for Pj64; at least, not when I asked about it a while ago. If you want to request one you can try in one of the 60fps threads, it might help to have more demand: http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
    Last edited by Nerrel; February 22nd, 2019 at 23:54.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av.B.W. View Post
    Has there been any effort with 30 or 60 FPS hacks?
    Personally when I play this game, I don't really notice the low FPS much. I think it's usually more noticeable when you have free-cam movement. Also I think the animations in this game might still play at 25 FPS if you managed to get it running at a higher framerate. So even if you did get it running faster, animations would stick out a lot if that's true.

A simple solution for now, I'd say, is to maybe use a TV with Motion Smoothing. Drawbacks are the input lag and the artefacts it can introduce at high speeds. If your TV is good enough then the input lag will be minimal (I was able to get a super solid experience playing Spyro Reignited (Xbox One version) on my TV with this setting enabled) and most of the time the artefacts will be out of your focus so they're not all that noticeable. It depends on the TV really, as they typically do have some unplayable input lag with this setting turned on; for me it does seem worse when having it used on a PC video input rather than the Xbox video input... though that might be due to it outputting in 4K and making the TV have to process a bigger image. Perhaps the newer and more expensive your TV is, the better it handles it? Might depend on the brand too.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's the first half of the bay. Sorry if anyone is disappointed by the lack of screenshots lately, but for this area it's better to see things in motion with all of the water and scrolling light effects:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    GREAT BWAYYYY!!!! Thank you so much NERREL<----

Just Having Fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am one who misses the close-up details visible in screenshots, but I agree that the videos are the better option at the moment.

Great work as usual. The world is shaping up very nicely!
    When emulation is not enough, walk outside. I've been told it's a very interesting game out there.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's a brief update, I've tried to timestamp it to cut out the silly part but the embed doesn't allow it. Skip to 1:17:

I still take a lot of screenshots and post them on discord as I work, I could save those up and post them here. They're not fullscreen images but they're still 1200p and it would be easy to include them. I think the result of the Gigapixel upscaling is that the pack is about 200mb larger now, a lot of those earlier textures should be noticeably sharper. The face of the clock that you stand on while battling Skull Kid is maybe the single biggest improvement, it was really blotchy and unpleasant before. The next update is going to be the temple, which I've been looking forward to doing for a long while but haven't been able to do with all this other stuff getting in the way.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Nice! Keep it up

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice pack, Nerrel! Also I completely agree with your view on the 3DS remake... MM is my favorite Zelda game and the 3DS deku link change along with the slow spiky hat twist was already enough to lower my expectations drastically. The oot 3ds port already looked a bit out of place with their remade link model and animation... but the MM3DS one takes the cake.
    Either way, I got so fed up with all the changes I have read about, that I just stopped playing... I guess I have to wait for a proper remake than a remastered port.
    For now, it is nice that the original, the way it was meant to be played, n64 mm gets a fitting face lift.

My feedback thus far:
    I dislike the added vibrancy/color intensity of the optional filter. The dirtier color palette adds atmosphere to the game. While it doesn't go as far as the rather colorful MM3DS port, its just... a bit much for my tastes? Simple enough to disable that
    From the textures, especially the recreated signs and such, I can't really complain. From what I've seen so far it follows the original style and doesn't seem out of place. Great!

Also, I grabbed the PNG-file and recompressed all files losslessly to save some space. Managed to shave off 22.5% or nearly 400MiB. Here's the pack (based on the 2019-04-23 pack):
    https://storage.superconnected.org/r..._2019-04-23.7z (1.28GB)

Credits: recompressed using PngOptimizer, TruePNG, PNGwolf, optpng, pngout, pngquant, ECT, pingo and advpng

P.S. This does not decrease the resulting texture-cache size (would require lossy optimizations) or RAM requirements.
    Last edited by Oehr; May 4th, 2019 at 03:09.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast