What's new

Is there any way to have 2 player mode in two different ports In ePSXe?

RetroPs1Guy95

I'm having issues trying to connect the 2nd controller to the 2nd slot as opposed to multi tap on one slot. I would like to know how to fix this issue I've been having to fix this on my own for a couple of days but I gave up and looked it up. Anyways, as I was trying to find help from others I heard from the communities from different websites rather than this website, about how to use multiplayer appropriately. Now don't get confused what I mean in multiplayer wise I'm talking 2 ports not the multi tap. I'm talking about the two ports you have on a original PlayStation that you connect two controllers to make 2 player possible. Well, speaking of which, I have an issue trying to play Digimon: Rumble Arena to work in two player. Unfortunately, The second controller didn't work but the first controller did, I did some research it appears people have the similar issue I had but in a confusing way. They said to change the controls for the 2nd slot on the game pad section in order to work and to leave the 1st port for multi tap for 4 people to join in the action. My controller Input is different rather than doing the DirectInput than myself. I have a software that does it for me which is "InputMapper" Which helps the configuration of the Xbox 360 controller, Xbox one controller, and, DS4 (Dual Sock 4 which is a 'PlayStation 4 controller') and there's no answer if you have an X-Input device (which helps you configure your device by software that supports it.) Could it be possibly a bug? Or can it be the software being faulty by doing the same DirectInputs as Slot 1? Can somebody help I been stuck for a couple of days doing this. That would much appreciated :D.

Thanks,
-RetroPs1Guy95

UPDATE- I discovered that whenever I go to the second port I found out the port is on the 5th port in the directinput panel which is non existent on the multitap. It can only support 4 players

UPDATE #2- I found out why it doesn't let me add a separate player (on the second port obviously.) It acts like when you have two separate keyboards at once that are connected which means that my computer cannot have two keyboards press more than
6 keys at once simultaneously. I don't know if it's just me not understanding how to fix it, or is it that I confused the system into thinking there's more ports on the multitap rather than the 2nd port on the original PlayStation itself (Not the multitap.)

Last edited:
OP
R

RetroPs1Guy95

Okay it turns out the thread that I posted the controllers didn't seem to be the problem, I think there has got to be something with the emulator not registering the 2nd controller properly when I had two controllers plugged in simultaneously both of them didn't work in game but only in the configure menu in the emulator itself. Keep in mind i'm currently using ePSXe 2.0.5 as of July, 30th 2017 to get around this problem. However, I kind of solved this issue by downloading an older version of ePSXe which is 1.7.0 I was inputting two controllers and it was simple both of them worked. But the games don't work properly when trying to launch them. I was frantically trying my best to fix the emulator's faulty plugins which I downloaded from an emulation website that everyone uses mostly (Which I downloaded the starter pack. Because I downloaded the normal version of it, but the emulator inside the package was not willing to open because it says "the emulator was loaded incorrectly. Press Ok to close the application" as prompted on the error message. I might E-mail these issues to the developers of ePSXe or people that do have these similar issues that might have got around it. Please let me now in a reply if you have a possible issue that are similar to mine. I would like to know and solve this frustrating issue

In regards,
Ps1RetroGuy95

Last edited:
OP
R

RetroPs1Guy95

I know this is a somewhat dead topic over a year, but I finally found out what the problem was with the emulator. Instead of using the default plugin for the controller input(s), I found one online that properly functions (I cannot say what the name it is on this forum website due to the website's censorship) but you can search it on google it starts with a "P" but be warned that it won't track the multi tap properly whenever you play a four player game, switch to the default one that it already came with the emulator then everything is golden after that.

Sincerely,
RetroPs1Guy95