What's new

GameCube Controller for Project 64 Help?

SenseiJack

This is my first time posting a thread here, so please do forgive any errors I may make here.

I have been trying all day to get my GameCube controller to work for Project 64, but to no avail.
I have project64kve, NRage_Input_V2.dll, and vJoySetup all running on my laptop (Windows 10), along with the official Nintendo GameCube Adapter. What I've been doing is:
1. Loading up Project64 (with the picture "PJ" next to it).
2. Going to Options -> Settings, and under 'Input (controller) plugin' I select N-Rage Input Plugin V2 2.3c, and press OK.
Steps 3 and 4 are interchangeable:
3. I click on File -> Recent ROMs, and click on the game I am currently trying to get working (Paper Mario).
4. I click Options -> Input plugin configuration, and proceed to the 'Devices' section, where I can see the 'GamePad' portion, but I am not sure what to do there, as I am not sure what "Deadzone: 15%" means.

Also, I have tried, starting from the previous #1:
2. Going to Options -> Settings, and changing Input (controller) plugin to N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a.
3. Clicking Options -> Input plugin configuration, and when I go to the 'Devices' section, I hover over to GamePad -> Device, where I click the down arrow next to the default "None", and I do have the option to change to vJoy Device 1 all the way to vJoy Device 4.
4. If I select, for example, vJoy Device 1 (I have tested them all), I then click Use (or Save and then Use).
However, when I go back to Paper Mario, my GameCube controller still isn't capable of controlling the game -- it's still my keyboard which is in use.
This is where I get confused most. Isn't vJoyDevice supposed to be for the GameCube Adapter?

I am new to emulators, ROMs, and ISOs. The most I have done is gotten Ishiiruka Dolphin Emulator to work with games and the GC controller there, but this seems to be different. Thanks in advance! (Also I am not sure what to put in the "Tags" section of this post, so I will leave that blank)

EDIT:
Still not working. I just loaded up Paper Mario and it said "Failed to load flash ram 2". If someone could explain what that means, that would be great.

I have also tried going to the Project64KVE folder, which has the luma picture next to it. There, I have one more option for Input (controller) plugin: Adaptoid Plugin v1.0. When I select this option, it says "No controller" on the screen and my keyboard doesn't work as well as the GC controller.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
No, you may get a helpful response, but in the meantime, you should download and install a proper revision as I suggested.