What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda OoT - Help Retexturing Gossip Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarethSCruz

As the topic states, I appear to be having a bit of trouble. Being rather new to this, I can't seem to figure out how to rename textures to be recognized by a rom. Particularly I am trying to retexture the Gossip Stones from Zelda:OoT.

I have already dumped the textures from the base game but when I sorted through them I couldn't find the file(s?) relating to the stones. Being completely for personal use what I am attempting to do is pull a gossip stone texture from an .htc file to a png to be used for my fiancee's game.

Realizing (after much trouble) that it won't be able to be done anytime soon I am somewhat doing it by hand. The texture pack I am using doesn't change a few things that she had seen in another pack, and I was hoping to fill in the gaps. So to speak.

Could anyone give me a bit of insight into how to go about this? Maybe some direction on how the textures are named?
If nothing else, a way to convert htc files to .dat files would work fine as I work from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.