What's new

NAOMI Game Assignments

stevebeinortas

Hi Guys, I have Demul up and running, playing NAOMI decrypted roms and launching with Hyperspin/Rocketlauncher.
I have everything working as best I can, however every time I launch a different game I get "Game assignments are incorrect" etc.
I enter TEST mode and change the appropriate settings and launch the game working perfectly. I have to change these settings with every game launch as the eeprom or sram files only hold the previous games settings, and appear to be overwritten with every subsequent launch.

I have noticed that in the Demul>nvram folder, the only files in there are "dummy.eeprom" and "dummy.sram"
With MAME, the NVram folder contains files for every game that has had settings changed, and I would assume that this should also be the case with Demul?

Does this have anything to do with my using decrypted roms and not the zip/chd combo that MAME uses?

I have tried copying the dummy.eeprom and dummy.sram files and renaming the to match the decrypted rom names but Demul just recreates the dummy files again which only saves the settings of the last game loaded.

I have been googling for 3 days straight now so as to not ask stupid questions here but I am stuck and in desperate need of help.

Thank you in advance to anyone that may be able to help.

Cheers
Steve

MetalliC

Demul developer
do not use decrypted/hacked images but regular romset instead (which is 99% match MAME, so you doesn't need to have separate one for Demul, I haven't and never had)

in the case if you run some NAOMI game in "normal" way, selecting it in GUI Run - Naomi window or via command line, for example "demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=crzytaxi", correct eeprom required by game will be created automatically, as well will be emulated all necessary peripheral devices supported by game(s), inputs will be mapped in comfortable for this game way, BIOS will be changed to required by game region/version, etc

all above does not happen then you run it via "load decrypted" quirk, and in general games works in somewhat stripped mode.

Last edited:
OP
S

stevebeinortas

Thank you for your reply and your advice MetalliC,
I have replaced the decrypted roms with MAME romsets and CHDs and everything now works perfectly!

Now to find a way to not have the Demul window pop up when loading games in Hyperspin :)

Thanks again for your help, your Emulator is amazing!!!