What's new

DexDrive & Rom Saves - CONVERTING??

Mitch200584

DexDrive & N64 Rom Saves - CONVERTING??

I just got Dex Drive recently. Is there any way of taking emulator saves like MPK, & converting them into files that can be read on the DexDrive (.N64)? That way, I could just put a 100% complete save on to my cartridge. Thank You!

Last edited:
OP
M

Mitch200584

Are you saying that a MPK file should work as is? The DexDrive doesn't seem to recognize any file that isn't in .N64 format..like, when I go to "Open" on it's file tab, & search for it, it won't even show up as listed at all. Only .N64 files can be added.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I haven't done this in years. But thought mpk was the file system built by N64.

Try renaming .Mpk to . N64

I'm curious as to how you are able to get the dexdrive working on modern pc.

OP
M

Mitch200584

I already tried that. It sadly doesn't work, & makes DexPlorer crash. I'm running Windows 7 on one of my laptops & using a 9 Pin to USB converter to connect the actual hardware. Everything runs fine for me.

I did find out that GameFaqs hosts dexdrive saves in .N64. It's been pretty amazing. I was talking to a youtuber the other day, & apparently he's going to be uploading a video explaining MPK to .64, soon.

OP
M

Mitch200584

UPDATE!! MPK TO .N64 METHOD FOUND!

Now we just need that EEPROM to .N64 method. :D

- - - Updated - - -
Information about converting EEP to .64 a bit. I'm not the most advanced when it comes to some of this stuff, but I'm sure some of y'all are familiar with sections of it at least.

http://retroactive.be/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15

Last edited: