EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Request for maple twinstick profile

Hi,

I have a dreamcast twinstick but it does not have a profile in the maple device manager and the second stick when connecting it through a mayflash dc to usb converter has a constant signal from the second stick of "JOY3_ANL2_KEY-" and nothing else. I cannot see a way to map the controller properly. any chance this setup could be supported in the emulator as I think it will bea great way through to playing all the virtual on games in both the arcade and dreamcast emulation and a fun alternative controller for playing outrigger.

thanks

Demul developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    it sounds like required not profile but quirks and workarounds because of bugs in that mayflash adapter.
    in any way, I'm afraid there nothing can be made, unless/until someone from developers will have same mayflash usb thing, DC twinstick, so it will be able to reproduce and trace cause of issue by themselves.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i now have the trio linker II which claims it supports the twinstick but same problem. so i went and downloaded xbox360ce which emulates controls as an xbox360 controller and it mapped perfectly to that and outputted a xinput1_3.dll unfortunately demul does not read this and uses the plugin which then bypasses the emulation. Is there a way to at least get that emulation to pick up as a xbox controller? I emailed hkems about how the controller was acting up. Sounds like demul just needs twin-stick support or xinput files that it could reference rather than adapters being the issue?

Demul developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I highly doubt there is anything related to emulator itself.
    DC Twinstick is stupid simple thing - dual DPad +2 buttons each, nothing more. so all the thing is just ~13 buttons, and afaik Demul have no problems with DInput controllers which have it as such.
    that's why I tend to think it is adapter-related bug/issue.

can you show screenshot of its calibration in Windows settings ?