What's new

Request for maple twinstick profile

jadealien

Hi,

I have a dreamcast twinstick but it does not have a profile in the maple device manager and the second stick when connecting it through a mayflash dc to usb converter has a constant signal from the second stick of "JOY3_ANL2_KEY-" and nothing else. I cannot see a way to map the controller properly. any chance this setup could be supported in the emulator as I think it will bea great way through to playing all the virtual on games in both the arcade and dreamcast emulation and a fun alternative controller for playing outrigger.

thanks

MetalliC

Demul developer
it sounds like required not profile but quirks and workarounds because of bugs in that mayflash adapter.
in any way, I'm afraid there nothing can be made, unless/until someone from developers will have same mayflash usb thing, DC twinstick, so it will be able to reproduce and trace cause of issue by themselves.

OP
J

jadealien

i now have the trio linker II which claims it supports the twinstick but same problem. so i went and downloaded xbox360ce which emulates controls as an xbox360 controller and it mapped perfectly to that and outputted a xinput1_3.dll unfortunately demul does not read this and uses the plugin which then bypasses the emulation. Is there a way to at least get that emulation to pick up as a xbox controller? I emailed hkems about how the controller was acting up. Sounds like demul just needs twin-stick support or xinput files that it could reference rather than adapters being the issue?

MetalliC

Demul developer
I highly doubt there is anything related to emulator itself.
DC Twinstick is stupid simple thing - dual DPad +2 buttons each, nothing more. so all the thing is just ~13 buttons, and afaik Demul have no problems with DInput controllers which have it as such.
that's why I tend to think it is adapter-related bug/issue.

can you show screenshot of its calibration in Windows settings ?

OP
J

jadealien

well it is and it is a windows 10 1703 thing. recently the maple demul pad plugin will not pick up an xbox 360 controller. As for the twin stick xboxCE maps perfectly to my device so it is not the adapter else it could not emulate across to a xinput 360 controller so it leaves the emulator plugin. I tried another DC emulator and got the same second stick of "JOY3_ANL2_KEY-" and nothing else issue. will send screen shot but it will just show what i am describing. By the way the emulator is great look forward to future versions.