EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Mario Kart 64 not loading Hi Res

Emulator v2.3 does not load high-definition textures. I actually tried other versions as well. I followed the tutorials, but the result is the same.
    But after setting, the screen looks different, so the emulator should not be loading the textures:
    Please help.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	39988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	39989  

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    What pack, what plugin are you using?
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NES_player4LIFE View Post
    What pack, what plugin are you using?
    The pack is "Kerbs_Fixed_Pack", plugin is Glide64 For PJ64: 2.1.0.210, Glide64 'Final' Date: May 8 2012 and RiceVideo 0.3.0 Release, and nothing works as well.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fix

Quote Originally Posted by robsonbyte View Post
    The pack is "Kerbs_Fixed_Pack", plugin is Glide64 For PJ64: 2.1.0.210, Glide64 'Final' Date: May 8 2012 and RiceVideo 0.3.0 Release, and nothing works as well.
    Hey, so for the past few days I have been having the same issue. Problem for me is that I had the texture packs working... then they didn't.
    Took a bit of working out, but I got that pack and a few others working on PJ64 2.3. Spoiler has details.

Spoiler:
    For .htc files I had to use GLideN64 Public Release 1, on the other hand files like Kerbs Pack I had to use the most up to date GLideN64 2.0.

To start I put both GLideN64 releases into separate folders within my %PJ64% /Plugin/GFX folder, and titled one "GLideN64 P1" and the other "GLideN64 P2".
    Then having separated the plugins so they don't interact I put a cache file in each folder. For example I would put my .htc files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.3\Plugin\GFX\GLideN64 P1\cache

as for my textures with open folders (png mostly) I put those into the base textures folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.3\Textures

For any games that are using .htc files (which I have lots of trouble with) I simply go to the games settings and use the appropriate plugin "GLideN64 Public Release 1"
    I have my base plugin set as "GLideN64 Public Release 2.0" because it likes to load easier that way.

My settings for GLide 2 are adjusted as follows:
    (anything not mentioned is not changed)

VRAM usage limit: 999 (I also added the 4gig patch as I have the ram to do so)

Use texture pack: Checked
    Texture pack path:
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Project64 2.3/Textures

Use full transparencies: Checked
    Alternative CRC calculation: Checked