What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mario Kart 64 not loading Hi Res

robsonbyte

Emulator v2.3 does not load high-definition textures. I actually tried other versions as well. I followed the tutorials, but the result is the same.
But after setting, the screen looks different, so the emulator should not be loading the textures:
Please help.

Attachments

• MK2.jpg
    MK2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 391
  • MK1.jpg
    MK1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 464

JarethSCruz

Fix

The pack is "Kerbs_Fixed_Pack", plugin is Glide64 For PJ64: 2.1.0.210, Glide64 'Final' Date: May 8 2012 and RiceVideo 0.3.0 Release, and nothing works as well.

Hey, so for the past few days I have been having the same issue. Problem for me is that I had the texture packs working... then they didn't.
Took a bit of working out, but I got that pack and a few others working on PJ64 2.3. Spoiler has details.

Spoiler:
For .htc files I had to use GLideN64 Public Release 1, on the other hand files like Kerbs Pack I had to use the most up to date GLideN64 2.0.

To start I put both GLideN64 releases into separate folders within my %PJ64% /Plugin/GFX folder, and titled one "GLideN64 P1" and the other "GLideN64 P2".
Then having separated the plugins so they don't interact I put a cache file in each folder. For example I would put my .htc files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.3\Plugin\GFX\GLideN64 P1\cache

as for my textures with open folders (png mostly) I put those into the base textures folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.3\Textures

For any games that are using .htc files (which I have lots of trouble with) I simply go to the games settings and use the appropriate plugin "GLideN64 Public Release 1"
I have my base plugin set as "GLideN64 Public Release 2.0" because it likes to load easier that way.

My settings for GLide 2 are adjusted as follows:
(anything not mentioned is not changed)

VRAM usage limit: 999 (I also added the 4gig patch as I have the ram to do so)

Use texture pack: Checked
Texture pack path:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Project64 2.3/Textures

Use full transparencies: Checked
Alternative CRC calculation: Checked