What's new

Super Mario 64 graphics messup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotomac

Attached here is a snapshot depicting something I just discovered when playing the European Super Mario 64 ROM with Direct64 0.5.3.25 and stereo 3D enabled via iZ3D (using Anaglyph: Custom Colors). Basically, the text is flipped upside down, and there's some small yet annoying cropping at bottom. The cropping is also present on the Japanese and American ROMs, but at least the text isn't flipped there like it is here.

Any idea if and how I can fix this without having to do fullscreen? (I'm aiming for an experience which involves both stereo 3D and the appearance of the dissolve effect in which the portrait of Peach in the 8-Star room gradually becomes a portrait of Bowser as you approach.) Thanks!

Attachments

• Cropping and text flipping.png
    Cropping and text flipping.png
    266.4 KB · Views: 468
OP
F

Fotomac

After much frustration, I ended up using 1964 in order to shake off the cropping. That still leaves the flipped text issue on the European ROM, however.

ETA: By the way? This is what I was referring to for plugin setup advice per game. Now I'm starting to wonder if it's outdated...

UPDATE: Looks like I called that one. After testing the European ROM with Project64 2.3 on the aforementioned points (the text, the dissolve effect, and the stereoscopy), all three work perfectly with Jabo's plugin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.