EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Super Mario 64 graphics messup

Attached here is a snapshot depicting something I just discovered when playing the European Super Mario 64 ROM with Direct64 0.5.3.25 and stereo 3D enabled via iZ3D (using Anaglyph: Custom Colors). Basically, the text is flipped upside down, and there's some small yet annoying cropping at bottom. The cropping is also present on the Japanese and American ROMs, but at least the text isn't flipped there like it is here.

Any idea if and how I can fix this without having to do fullscreen? (I'm aiming for an experience which involves both stereo 3D and the appearance of the dissolve effect in which the portrait of Peach in the 8-Star room gradually becomes a portrait of Bowser as you approach.) Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Direct64 0.5.3.25!!!! Don't you think maybe you could update your emulator??
    Download THIS!
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After much frustration, I ended up using 1964 in order to shake off the cropping. That still leaves the flipped text issue on the European ROM, however.

ETA: By the way? This is what I was referring to for plugin setup advice per game. Now I'm starting to wonder if it's outdated...

UPDATE: Looks like I called that one. After testing the European ROM with Project64 2.3 on the aforementioned points (the text, the dissolve effect, and the stereoscopy), all three work perfectly with Jabo's plugin.
    Last edited by Fotomac; March 21st, 2017 at 11:18. Reason: Updating

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Maybe you could listen to advice given when you post a request.

/CLOSED!
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler: