EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Backup simulators of pica-pic.com

Hello,
    on the website www.pica-pic.com there are some cool old lcd handheld simulators in flash and I tried to make an offline backup of them to get them safe even if the site doesn't exist someday in the future.
    Somehow they created the whole site as flash and if you use the simulators the site will load more data from the server. So it seems they can't be saved as easily as other flash games. The farthest I got was when I opened the site and watched the files in the firefox-plugin CacheViewer. There I got a swf-file for each simulator in the size of about 300-800kb. Despite that there was an index.swf and an picaPicMain.swf.
    But when you open the simulator-files you will only see the down-right corner of the handheld and nothing more. I try to attach an example and the files mentioned before. Maybe anyone here has an idea how to get down the whole simulators with these information, every help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,
    Crash95

Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    nice find, but maybe something that downloads whole websites wget maybe? but as someone who does websites, i do my best to stop that happening, i'm sure there will be roadblocks on this one too. another program that might work is flashvampire.
    Last edited by LyonHrt; March 4th, 2017 at 17:38.
    https://twitter.com/thejoypad for news posts from emulation64, and my own personal projects. Follow me!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    thanks for your answer.
    I just opened the swf-file of the simulator in "JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler" and see that all the screens used in the game are contained in the images-folder. So I'm confident that the whole game is already contained in the file. Maybe there is a need to change some parameters regarding the size or position when opening the swf to show the whole simulator. Unfortunately I'm not enough into programming and flash to know how. Anyone here who has some knowlege? As said, an example game is included in the rar of the first post.

Thanks,
    Crash95
    Last edited by Crash95; March 5th, 2017 at 11:44.