What's new

A Small misunderstanding...

B

Blade64

I don't understand Saturn emulation??? How come the PSX (A similar powered system) can run at a good framerate on my Pentium 2 200mHz with a 4mb graphics card yet the saturn needs a 2GHz machine and the N64 only needs a 1GHz machine. Can someone explain how it all works???
Cheers
Blade

flow``

flow``
well the saturn has about 9 different processors to sync, along with cd-rom support and other various components

not to mention, with the n64 and psx scene, info is very easily gotten and most authors are online at one time or another to talk to about problems and methods and such

this isn't the case with saturn emulation. most authors come from different countries and there is a language barrier that is quite hard to overcome :/

translation: the saturn was a beast for its time, and hence very hard to program for, emutalting the time thing is downright DIFFICULT

OP
B

Blade64

OK I see what you mean but 2GHz.The reasons you have told me are just why it is hard??? Why such a massive difference???

2fast4u

compared to for example the n64 the saturn emulation scene is quite young, and like flow`` explained - the authors don't work together and share ideas, like it's the case with other emulated systems.

2fast4u

yeah, compared to what we have seen so far it's friggin fast. :) however, remember it's running a 2 ghz system ;) satourne seems extremely promising, though.