What's new

Huh? Weird problem w/ SFA3.

Hotsuma

Hey, guys! I am loving this Demul emulator. Question. Something weird is going on with Street Fighter Alpha 3 (USA) for the Dreamcast. The controls won't work at all. I've double checked, triple checked the Dreamcast button setup. The same goes for the Arcade button setup. I have no problems playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast and Arcade. I can't figure out why the controls won't respond to Street Fighter Alpha 3 (USA) for the Dreamcast. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

OP
H

Hotsuma

Whenever I start up SFA3 for Dreamcast, two VMUs would show up by the screen. They are labeled as PORT A VMU 0 and PORT B VMU 0. I am certain that these are the reason why the gamepad controls don't work.

MetalliC

Demul developer
"Dreamcast Controls not working" in 99.9% cases => you messed with settings, think you are smart and assigned DC Extended Controller buttons, because you think its cool to have as many buttons as possible.
no, you are not smart and its not cool, there quite big number of games not compatible with such input devices.
solution - revert buttons settings to defaults.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hotsuma

"Dreamcast Controls not working" in 99.9% cases => you messed with settings, think you are smart and assigned DC Extended Controller buttons, because you think its cool to have as many buttons as possible.
no, you are not smart and its not cool, there quite big number of games not compatible with such input devices.
solution - revert buttons settings to defaults.

>.< Oh, wow. You were right. Resetting the controls and leaving the Extended Controls blank did in fact fix the issue. Sorry for stepping out of bounds. This is and has always been my favorite emulator.